ANDY ACKERS

steve wild

Our sponsorship plan back in place for the Windmill Darts Team as well

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

Yes! Welcome back Andy.The fact that Warrington have chosen, not to take him back, is undoubtedly,their loss and our gain.The fact that they rated him enough to have another look at him, Iis an indicater, of his good form, in a relegated team.But he is a young player, with ambitions in the game, hopefully he will get another chance, on the back of some great performances for the Lions, this coming season! Good luck Andy! !

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm. I can appreciate opinions from all of the above. Competitive scrums were a mess, with both hooker's feet almost sticking out of the tunnel, but there was always the chance of winning the ball against the head and it did provide good opportunity for fisticuffs, plus many of the Lion's beautifully balletic moves were started from scrums. Today's scrums are laughable, but a least they don't take 5 minutes to complete and they get the forwards out of the way for a while. Remove them completely, with what? A tap maybe? Nah, give the players a breather for a minute or so.. Keep the joke scrum, although it would be wonderfully reminiscent to hear Spelly yell out 'FEEDING' once again!

Archived