ANDY ACKERS

steve wild

We sponsored him!!!

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

If he stays Warrington will have 4 hookers

Darryl Clark

Mickey Higham

Brad Dwyer

and Andy

Hope he comes back as he is class and his chances back at Wire would be limited again .

Isn't dwyer on a year long loan somewhere?

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

We don't have hookers anymore, even if they wear a no. 9 jersey.

Keith,

Do you really want to return to competitive scrums, where the game was stagnant for minutes on end with No. 9s not binding properly, striking too soon, loose-arming et al?

Scrums were a huge blot on the sport, and whilst I freely admit they're by no means perfect now (I still say we should get rid of 'em totally) at least they're over and done with in a few seconds!

See you Tuesday mate!

Spelly.

"--- and then on the eighth day, God created Rugby League."

Daily, my intense dislike of the Pinks, Rugby Yawnion, Manchester United, and far-right politics, grows ever larger, and will continue to do so forever more!

Question! What's the connection between Rugby League and Rugby Yawnion? Answer! There isn't one!

My girl-friend asked "If you had to choose between me and Swinton who would it be?" I replied "You know the answer to that one without even asking!"

Keith,

Do you really want to return to competitive scrums, where the game was stagnant for minutes on end with No. 9s not binding properly, striking too soon, loose-arming et al?

Scrums were a huge blot on the sport, and whilst I freely admit they're by no means perfect now (I still say we should get rid of 'em totally) at least they're over and done with in a few seconds!

See you Tuesday mate!

Spelly.

Ok, Spelly, I took the bait! Surprise, surprise!

So let's assume RL gets rid of scrums completely. What do you think they would plan on replacing them with? Line-outs? 

I just watched Leinster v Ulster on TV. Guess what, they successfully ran the match with scrums! Must be the referees get more respect?? Stronger referees?? Sgt Major Clay seemed to handle it all OK.

Having said that, the rest of the match wasn't too much to write home about....  Rugby Yawnion?

To Keith's point, almost all of each fifteen looked like they were from the same mould. Big and squat. They were all built like brick sh*thouses. You couldn't tell the difference between a prop forward or a flanker, never mind a prop and a hooker. Doesn't matter whether it's RU or RL, there's no real physical differentiation any more between forwards and backs. In the meantime the skill shown by a Daz Davis, Danny Wilson, Alan Buckley, Bob Fleet or a Ken Gowers, not to mention Alex Murphy, Dave Bolton, Brian Bevan among many, is lost because what matters are these purely physical attributes. Fitter and stronger, yes. More skillful, I personally think not.

Over to you.

Best regards, mate, for the New Year. May the Lions be strong and successful regardless of the rules they are all subjected to. I hope to see you and all my Lions friends in 2015!

Geoff

lionsfanusa.gif

Ok, Spelly, I took the bait! Surprise, surprise!

So let's assume RL gets rid of scrums completely. What do you think they would plan on replacing them with? Line-outs? 

I just watched Leinster v Ulster on TV. Guess what, they successfully ran the match with scrums! Must be the referees get more respect?? Stronger referees?? Sgt Major Clay seemed to handle it all OK.

Having said that, the rest of the match wasn't too much to write home about....  Rugby Yawnion?

To Keith's point, almost all of each fifteen looked like they were from the same mould. Big and squat. They were all built like brick sh*thouses. You couldn't tell the difference between a prop forward or a flanker, never mind a prop and a hooker. Doesn't matter whether it's RU or RL, there's no real physical differentiation any more between forwards and backs. In the meantime the skill shown by a Daz Davis, Danny Wilson, Alan Buckley, Bob Fleet or a Ken Gowers, not to mention Alex Murphy, Dave Bolton, Brian Bevan among many, is lost because what matters are these purely physical attributes. Fitter and stronger, yes. More skillful, I personally think not.

Over to you.

Best regards, mate, for the New Year. May the Lions be strong and successful regardless of the rules they are all subjected to. I hope to see you and all my Lions friends in 2015!

Geoff

Happy New Year Geoff, and, not surprisingly, I would echo all you have said above.

:tease:

And anyone under 60 wouldn't

mark.gif

And the happiest of new years to you too Geoff!

Re-starting the game? No prob mate. The team who would have had the "feed" would have a "tap" as in second phase of a penalty kick to touch, or a zero tackle play-the-ball, similar to what happens in a "handover" situation.

And I still disagree that the players of today are less skilful

Looking forward to seeing you again mon ami!

Spelly.

Daily, my intense dislike of the Pinks, Rugby Yawnion, Manchester United, and far-right politics, grows ever larger, and will continue to do so forever more!

Question! What's the connection between Rugby League and Rugby Yawnion? Answer! There isn't one!

My girl-friend asked "If you had to choose between me and Swinton who would it be?" I replied "You know the answer to that one without even asking!"

Agree with Spelly. Some scrums in the kick and clap game take 5 minutes and the usual outcome is the team feeding get the ball. Must admit tho that it can be a spectacle to watch but in our code get rid, in my humble opinion.

he's not the messiah..he's a very naughty boy

And the happiest of new years to you too Geoff!

Re-starting the game? No prob mate. The team who would have had the "feed" would have a "tap" as in second phase of a penalty kick to touch, or a zero tackle play-the-ball, similar to what happens in a "handover" situation.

And I still disagree that the players of today are less skilful

Looking forward to seeing you again mon ami!

Spelly.

Hi Spelly. Gentlemen can always agree to disagree!

IMHO, and speaking as an ex-scrum half, if it doesn't have scrums it isn't rugby. It's something else.That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

It's cold here, around 0 F, so we are off next week to St Augustine Florida for a little R&R and where we will be frequenting the White Lion! See you all there! I'm buying!

Geoff

lionsfanusa.gif

Hi Spelly. Gentlemen can always agree to disagree!

IMHO, and speaking as an ex-scrum half, if it doesn't have scrums it isn't rugby. It's something else.That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

It's cold here, around 0 F, so we are off next week to St Augustine Florida for a little R&R and where we will be frequenting the White Lion! See you all there! I'm buying!

Geoff

1) So true mate!

2) Just Googled it. Looks smart!

Spelly.

Well I am under 60 and I would have competitive scrums, attacking team head, kicking for touch ( not just 40:20) and of course proper play the ball not that nonsense that I see mainly in Super League..............so I too will agree to disagree with Spelly et al............. :tongue:

Well I am under 60 and I would have competitive scrums, attacking team head, kicking for touch ( not just 40:20) and of course proper play the ball not that nonsense that I see mainly in Super League..............so I too will agree to disagree with Spelly et al............. :tongue:

You're not the first, and you won't be the last! ;)  ;)

Some people seem to differ with my political views as well!

But that's what makes the world go round!

Spelly.

Yes, I went there for a trust meeting but no-one showed up!! :tongue:;)

:tongue:  :tongue:  :tongue:  :tongue:

reaing Tony Smith in the league express it looks like we will be losing Andy Ackers. As for the other hookers we know about Lewis Hulme but does anyone know about the potential of Arron LLoyd?

. I believe he was at Barrow last season.His girlfriend is from Swinton apparently,.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived