Hunslet 32, Doncaster 12

Hawkwindbag

I had these two clubs both in my bottom four before the season started, and on this evidence I was bang on the money. The error count from all concerned must have been sky-high (and yes I do include the officials in that!) ... and this despite 8 dual-regs (4 on each side). One man however stood head and shoulders above everyone else on the field ...

From his 1st minute interception try through to completing his hat-trick just before going off, Andy Kain was quite simply the difference between the two teams. Pity then, it looks unlikely we're ever going to see him teamed up with Grimmer at half-back.

So not a pretty game to watch, but four points in the bag which I suppose as good as we could have hoped for after five games. But with the next league games against Sheffield, Leigh and Halifax, we'll have slash that error count - and offer more in attack - to have the slightest chance in any of those games ...

I think you have summed this game up really well here Hawkwindbag.

I do think the score flattered us, just glad of any type of win today.

Yes Andy Kain was the difference between the two teams.

If we would have played any other team in our league , I do think we 

would have lost today., as we would have been punished in the first 

half of this game.

I,ll be the first to admit it wasn't pretty but a wins a win, we kept Cooke quiet and pretty much ruled the 2nd half allowing Donny only 2 points.The turning point for me was the 39th min try we scored on the hooter by Watson off the 6th tackle kick turning a 6-10 deficit into a 12-10 ht lead. We usually give them away off 6th tackle kicks so it was nice for a change to get one ourselves. Kain was easily mom but I thought everyone performed ok without being outstanding, apart from Bradford no one has outclassed us after 5 games, weve picked up 4 points so its not too bad a start but still room for improvement.

Archived