NRL Round 5 match threads - SPOILER ALERT!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

27min: Zillman saves a 40-20 but Broncos get the scrum......3 tackles later the Broncos get a very unconvincing try to Mitchell Dodds.  Broncos 12-0

31min: another try to the MILF off a Jack Reed run off a Titans dropped ball. Broncos 18-0

35min: Anthony Don crosses for the Coke Dealers after a Broncos dropped ball on their own 20m line. Broncos 18-6

HT: Broncos 18 Titans 6

51st min: Titans score through David Mead. Broncos still in front 24-12

The Coast have blown 2 excellent try-scoring chances in the last 5 mins.

67min: Ryan James crosses for the Titans after a lucky regather  from a bad pass midfield. Zillman ran 30m then on the next tackle the Coast had 4-on1 and James scored. Broncos still in front 24-16

I'm guessing (hoping) the ref in the Canterbury/Souths game got that final decision at least technically correct because it was crucial (understatement) and was hard on Dogs who'd basically looked like the better team throughout.

What a bad game for injuries though, even up to the last minute!

I thought the ref got it right. This should be in the rule book as an example of "attacking the legs of a kicker."

584296-94c09e7a-d9db-11e4-bf00-4d5fe57f7

I'm not sure what to make of the other game. I tipped the Titans to run last this year so the Broncos should have won but if they can lead 24-6 and let the other team back into it, I can imagine what teams like Roosters and Souths could do to them.

MANLY C-BEAGLES v CANBERRA RAIDERS

I don't know why they are playing in Albury, although I did (play in Albury). In 1968 I played my first ever game of RL for Albury Teachers, in some weight division for 13-year-olds. Previous games here, like City-Country and pre-season finals, have failed to draw crowds.

I think I tipped the Raiders and I'll stick with that. Sam Williams plays his first NRL game for quite a while. Another U20s star who never quite made the leap to the Big Boys' League. He's replacing Mitch Cornish, another U20s star who never.............

11min: Sisa Waqa crosses for the Lime Splices. 4-4

14min: Blake Austin try. Raiders up 10-4

23min: Jarrad Kennedy scores for the Green Machine. Raiders 16-4

I'm glad to see common sense prevail and Canberra playing in the lime green shirts. I'll never understand why anyone needs an away strip when a maroon team plays a lime green team.

Then the Raiders lose the ball on the first tackle after the restart. Manly's first try came from a knock-on from a kick 5m out.

32min: a bizarre sequence leading to a Raiders No-try. Instead it's a penalty to Manly for high tackle. Jamie Buhrer heads to concussion test.

1 min later Blake Austin cops a shoulder in the face making a try-saver 2m out from the line. Raiders still up 16-4

35min: Jordan Rapana scores for the Raiders. Raiders 22-4

I'm not sure but this must be close to the Raiders' highest-scoring 40 minutes for a long time.

39min: Sam Williams field goal. Raiders 23-4 at HT.

Hmm ? Manly seem to be all adrift - Looking at the stats their young winger Tom Trbojevic currently has the most metres gained ?

Seen a few games at Albury,(Lavington) - Terrible car park to get into & a nightmare post game.

Beautiful old style place for fans,(especially an old terrace rat like me) & the players seem to enjoy the field.

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite

and furthermore always carry a small snake - W C Fields

You must live down that way Bourbon. Or you're a VFL fan. I was born in Albury but the Lavington Sports Club didn't exist back then.

Nice camera work at HT - they showed the kangaroos out in the carpark.

44min: Cheyse Blair held up in goal. Canberra still ahead 23-4

51min: Canberra save another try. then Josh Hodgson kicks a 40/20

53min: Canberra score through Jarrod Croker off a Sam Williams kick. Manly defenders couldn't decide who should get the ball so no-one did. Raiders 29-4

Archived