Skolars away Sunday 3pm

shades2

As we are going, asked about best place for beer before the game on the other forum - reply as follows for anyone else making the trip (think we will do the Spoons before the game):

''Still no bar at the New River, but there should be a barrel of Caveman real ale at the top of the stand (together with cans of chemically stuff for people with no taste).

En route to the ground the only pub now is the Nelson, about which opinions vary. Skolars fans tend to go to the Spoons before and after the match, which is across the road from Wood Green tube station by the cinema and Sainsburys''

The beauty of London is the transport available, the underground, the overground, buses, taxis. You can get anywhere in London relatively cheaply. 

Last year for Enfield we ended up going to Kings Cross and spending a bit of time around there before travelling to Liverpool Street via the Underground and went to a couple of pubs around there before heading to Enfield where we went straight to the bar. 

I'd imagine we'll do something similar this year except head for the New River Stadium instead of Enfield. Tottenham Hotspur play nearby, there's bound to be plenty of pubs around there.

Jason Bass Fan Club - member #001

That was too close for comfort, thought it was going to go horribly wrong towards to end, but got to give credit to the lads for sticking with it & also credit to the Skolars. Not too worried about not scoring loads of points, more worried about the 'simple easy' tries we conceded, need to up the intensity big time (Ed Smith apart) for me on Thursday night which I think we will

Archived