Global Rugby League Academy

Hi guys. I have posted the same message on another forum, and also on the General Forums under Vladimir's campaign to play in England, but I also feel it is appropriate here. My name is Luke and I'm new to this forum as somebody who posts, but have often read topics on here out of interest over the years. I thought now would be an ideal time to post given that I've started up Global Rugby League Academy.

GRLA is designed to give players from emerging countries (predominantly based in RLEF affiliated nations) and areas within the UK a 12 month chance to come to the nostalgic 'heartlands' of rugby league in England to play (we are based in Halifax, West Yorkshire). Our players will study at a partner college/university, whilst also playing for them. They will also play for a local amateur club, access potential trials with pro/semi-pro clubs and complete RFL match official & coaching badges. The hope is to create rugby league knowledge in these players so they can return home and further develop the game.

GRLA started as a pilot scheme in September 2015 with a German player, a Belgian player and a Scottish player. This September we took on 3 young Scottish players from the Aberdeen Warriors club. Vladimir Milutinovic, the Serbian player in question, is someone who wishes to access GRLA in September 2017 and we have helped him to set up this GoFund campaign.

If you are interested in GRLA then please keep up to date with us on Facebook (Global Rugby League Academy), Instagram (globalrugbyleagueacademy) or on the website below:

www.globalrugbyleagueacademy.com

Very good Luke i wish you every success. I donated a few quid to Vladimir and hope he succeeds with your organisations help.Working with players from emerging nations is fantastic you guys could play a huge part in promoting the sport in emerging nations and go down in history if you produce players that go on to become idols for kids in emerging nations hence lifting the popularity of our sport in these emerging nations. 

Hi all! Firstly, I hope you all had a fantastic Xmas! Secondly, thanks to the Xmas goodwill of many people Vladimir has managed to reach just over 10% of his target (£637 to be exact) in only 6 days! This is remarkable and we are excited by the progress of Vladimir's cause! It is an ongoing campaign and will continue to run up until the beginning of September 2017 so please continue to share & donate if you can!

Perhaps off the back of Vladimir's campaign, another player of Red Star Belgrade & Serbia U18s/21s - Rajko Trifunovic - is looking to join GRLA. His video footage is here:

https://m.youtube.co...Tjp52EKg&sns=fb

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update on the current situation involving Vladimir & Rajko - last week GRLA met with representatives from Queensbury ARLFC, a Bradford-based team who have a winter team in the Pennine League & a summer team in the Yorkshire Men's League. They have agreed to accommodate both the young Serbian players in September! They will also provide a playing experience for a 3rd player we are hoping to get from Easterhouse Panthers, Scotland! Please, please continue to help with Vladimir's GoFund cause on the link below to help us make this a reality:

https://www.gofundme.com/vladimir-from-serbia-to-england

Thanks again guys!

On 19 January 2017 at 4:37 AM, Deranged Drunk Guy said:

Donated another 10 Pounds by the way. I see the total is at 717 pounds not bad at all for such a short space of time, only 29 days old the campaign is. 

On 19 January 2017 at 8:23 PM, Deranged Drunk Guy said:

Donated another 28 pounds someone has to push this total along :) 

Hi DDG! Many thanks for pushing this drive forward! I have noticed your ongoing donations and it's really helping the cause! Hopefully we'll hit the £1000 landmark for Vladimir soon!

In other news involving GRLA, one of our players has recently embarked on a 12 week trial with Leeds Rhinos Academy! Archie Andrade (pictured below) of the Aberdeen Warriors club in Scotland, will gain a massive amount from this experience!

Moreover, another 2 of our players - Jordan Gray & Jack Stevenson - will be in Challenge Cup action this weekend as they return home to play for the Aberdeen Warriors against Pilkington Recs of the National Conference League Premier!

image.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

We've posted this on the general forums page, but it is also very relevant in the international section!

An update on both Vladimir's GoFund cause to get over to England for 12 months and also recent Global Rugby League Academy activity! We currently stand at £975 raised - £25 off our first landmark target of £1K! Your ongoing support is vital, even if it is sharing this cause (the link is below). In the meantime Vladimir himself is raising his own funds.

https://www.gofundme.com/vladimir-from-serbia-to-england

Regarding GRLA activity, our Aberdeen Warriors origin trio all continue to play both college and amateur rugby league on a weekly basis here in Yorkshire. Archie Andrade (17 years old) is approaching the end of a 12 week trial period with Leeds Rhinos U19 Academy and will soon find out his fate. He has played the first two games of their season - a friendly against City of Hull Academy (in which he scored the winning try) and the first league fixture against St Helens. We are really pleased of his progress!

Our other 2 Aberdeen Warriors origin players - Jack Stevenson (18 years old) & Jordan Gray (17 years old) - have also been progressing nicely on recent training opportunities and experiences which we will announce in due course! If you wish to keep updated on everything GRLA then follow the link below:

https://m.facebook.com/leagueunlimitedacademy/

• 1 month later...

I see Vladimir's go fund me appeal has stalled on 1,055 pounds. Would like to say to global RL academy dont despair I'm  going to donate again soon just have to pay a few things off first.

Maybe we should start another push on facebook, forums maybe even get some advertising/article in RL world magazine to get Valdimir past 2,000 pound mark.

Archived