Martin full of belief

Dons News

Charlie Martin says the Dons are getting better with each game they play as they prepare to take on Hull FC at the Keepmoat Stadium.

Martin scored his first try for the club against Leeds Rhinos and was also named man of the match for the second game running. The second-rower was pleased to get off the mark early on.

“My try came from a scrum, we wrapped around and it was a bit of a mismatch, you always get taught to run at the small player, so with the line just ten metres away I buried my head and went for it,” he said.

“We knew if we clicked then we would beat them, Rugby League in these conditions means it comes down to your completing your sets well.

“The lads showed that we can be 20 points down at half time and still come back with a good performance.”

Martin, who joined Gary Thornton’s side in the off season from Keighley Cougars, is looking forward to testing himself against another Super League side in the final pre-season game for the Dons.

“Hull FC will be a tough test, we’re going to have to up our game,” he added.

“They’ve got some big experienced players in their squad. It will be fast and physical and we’ll have to pull on all our resources as a team to get a good result.

“There’s no such thing as a friendly anymore. Every game is a must win and we have to treat them all as if there’s two points at stake. We’ll be leaving everything out there on the pitch.”

To purchase your ticket now for the Dons vs Hull please click HERE, visit the Club Doncaster Box Office, or call 01302 762576.

Executive boxes are available for this fixture, click HERE for more information.

View the full article

Archived