Old movie assistance needed.

Hi folks, I'm hoping that one of you lot might be able to help me out here, it might be a bit vague but here goes.

When my dad was alive, he used to enthuse about all the classic films and comedians he used to watch, Laurel and Hardy, Will Hay, WC Fields, the three Stoogies, etc, etc.

He once told me about a scene in a movie, where two guys were on a train sat opposite each other at a table. I think one was a policeman and the other a villain or I may have got that a bit wrong but I just can't remember. Anyway, as this particular scene plays out, they both have a drink in front of them, I think they're both aware that one of the drinks is fine, the other has poison in it. Every time the train goes through a tunnel, the drinks are swapped round, firstly by one of them, then the other. I assume the train doesn't have lights during this particular scene.

As I say, I may have got a lot of this wrong but if it rings any bells with anyone then Id love to be able to watch it.

Thanks for reading and any assistance you might be able to give.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I remember this.  In my head it is a Two Ronnies sketch though so not sure if just a sketch or a clip from a movie (did they make a movie?)

In the blink of an eye it could all be taken away.  Be grateful always.

Archived