Toronto has signed Josh Mcrone

Captain Survival

ST GEORGE Illawarra halfback Josh McCrone has been signed by Toronto and will close out his season at St George and then goes to Toronto on a 2 yr contract.  Source:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/dragons-halfback-josh-mccrone-to-join-toronto-wolfpack-on-twoyear-deal/news-story/a31b70f4f0ff8841afc469d98872305f?nk=39908e9c103a971ebb1b484d74949bda-1498711598

I think there are more on the way, but what do you think of this one?

Just now, deluded pom? said:

I don't know a lot about McCrone but he's played 150+ games in the NRL so he's obviously no mug.

Good video...looks like a 'cracker'...should make a nice add on for the team.

Well its that time again DP...time for the prediction on the crowd size in Toronto...as I figure it I'm only 1 for 4 (I'm clearly bad at this) and you are also 1 for 4?.

How many for the game today?:

I say 6500, you? _____________.

I'm avoiding the forum until I've seen the match Kman. It's difficult to gauge Saturday evening kick offs at the moment. Did the rugger match last week affect the attendance or does an evening kick off not appeal full stop. My guess is 6,150.

rldfsignature.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I found this article today about Toronto signing Kalifa Faifai Loa from the Dragons:  Another Dragon joining Toronto Wolfpack.

Apparently this is effective immediately according to 7th tackle on twitter.  The Dragons seem to be in a bit of a shakeup.

I wonder if this signing provides any real new depth for the WolfPack.  I see stats for Loa for only 2 games this season, and on appearance they are underwhelming.  Perhaps this is for additional depth on the bench?

• 2 weeks later...

There has been nothing since said by the Wolfpack about the signing of Kalifa Faifai Loa which has me wondering what is happening.

We also had press that TWP was targeting other players, and all is silent since then so my spidey sense is going crazy with speculation at this time.....

With the move up a division you may well find a few of the current squad being let go for better quality players so that you are in the same position playerwise as you have been this season against the opposition.

By the way I was there for the Hunslet game with my brother who's lived in Toronto for 43 years. We both had a great day in the Brazen Head and the ground - I even nicked a slice of pizza from FuiFui after the game!

7 hours ago, Captain Survival said:

There has been nothing since said by the Wolfpack about the signing of Kalifa Faifai Loa which has me wondering what is happening.

We also had press that TWP was targeting other players, and all is silent since then so my spidey sense is going crazy with speculation at this time.....

I remember reading somewhere- I think Twitter- that the Dragons were offering him to different teams and Toronto were interested but decided to pass.

Edit: 

As you saw above I was questioning his value - I don't know this player but the info I could find online indicated he had only played 2 games this year at the time of my above post, and his stats were not noteworthy.  Perhaps he is coming off injury?

I tihnk there are a lot of player opportunities in the market and if they are going to sign new talent such talent clearly has to succeed what they already have on hand, which is quite a strong team in its own right.

On 2017-07-19 at 1:19 PM, DKL79 said:

With the move up a division you may well find a few of the current squad being let go for better quality players so that you are in the same position playerwise as you have been this season against the opposition.

By the way I was there for the Hunslet game with my brother who's lived in Toronto for 43 years. We both had a great day in the Brazen Head and the ground - I even nicked a slice of pizza from FuiFui after the game!

43 yrs makes him almost a native! :D

Glad you had a great time and got to enjoy the Toronto fan experience - perhaps you can speak more to that elsewhere on the forum and point out how it contrasts to some of what occurs in your neck of the woods.

I assess they don't have a lot of weak ends on the TWP team at this time.  A lot of size for the front rows with a good measure of toughness.  I know a few of the players might be described as being in the twilight of their careers and are a touch slower then past, but this squad more then held its own against quality clubs from both SL and Championship. 

I think most of the current team, if given the opportunity, would gladly return - some apparently are even discussing the permanent opportunities that might be available in Canada according to RB.

Archived