New Broom To Sweep Clean

Angelic Cynic

The newly appointed head coach,Kim Williams,managed an interview without showing any signs of any jet lag,and seems to have made an impressive analysis from many,many miles away.

https://www.facebook.com/100022969636655/posts/314444692664516/

As Bob Dylan may once have sung - The Times They Are A-Changin'

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

I was quite happily having a quiet time trying to expunge the nadir of 2018 from my skull,and try to relax away from rugby league.

Just for a minute or two.

Clearing my head.

Viewing a couple of Winston Churchill quotes.'' Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm''

'' Never,never,never give up ''

'' Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference''

Just got started with music and some inspirational quotes when the club,last night,gave out some rugby league news.

We have a new strength and conditioning chap.Chapeau,as they say.

Bradley Lawton is his name.I was overwhelmed by a strong smell assailing my nostrils.It was a very strong smell of commitment and professionalism.I hadn't had that sensation for a very ,very long time.

Looking at a little bit of information I was reminded of the strength and conditioner who had been at Leeds,Salford,England/RFL and now Catalans Dragons,Richard Hunwicks, He did seem very close to the players in their winning Ladbrokes challenge Cup run.

I had also read,recently,about the upturn in the Huddersfield Giants season,after the conditioner/head of performance had arrived.

https://www.totalrl.com/mark-andrews-huddersfields-unsung-hero-on-the-secret-to-the-giants-success/

http://www.giantsrl.com/news/article/6946/crabtree-andrews-is-one-of

The commitment to travel all the way from Australia to a League 1 club,and not just any League 1 club,but a world record defeated League 1 club is a bit splendid,in my view.

Superb show of commitment.

I can't recall any other League 1 club that has attracted a strength and conditioner from Australia.

Could very well be Mr Kim Williams who has been the main influence.

A very interesting past,for which he should be applauded,and his RS of A may need to be hidden or he may be seconded to a secondary job - not far from the playing surface.

Another new member of the backroom staff has the Welsh name of Sian Jones.

Probably a sports psychologist,but described as a Mental Skills coach.Not disclosed if she is leaving Australia,or from somewhere nearer Llanelli. 

I'm sure more information will be forthcoming when they both start work for the club,next month.

It doesn't appear as though some people are sitting on their hands.

That Churchill fella...'' Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about''

Not quite rock n roll but The Carpenters,We've Only Just Begun seems eminently appropriate and becalming until the next news.

2 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

I was quite happily having a quiet time trying to expunge the nadir of 2018 from my skull,and try to relax away from rugby league.

Just for a minute or two.

Clearing my head.

Viewing a couple of Winston Churchill quotes.'' Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm''

'' Never,never,never give up ''

'' Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference''

Just got started with music and some inspirational quotes when the club,last night,gave out some rugby league news.

We have a new strength and conditioning chap.Chapeau,as they say.

Bradley Lawton is his name.I was overwhelmed by a strong smell assailing my nostrils.It was a very strong smell of commitment and professionalism.I hadn't had that sensation for a very ,very long time.

Looking at a little bit of information I was reminded of the strength and conditioner who had been at Leeds,Salford,England/RFL and now Catalans Dragons,Richard Hunwicks, He did seem very close to the players in their winning Ladbrokes challenge Cup run.

I had also read,recently,about the upturn in the Huddersfield Giants season,after the conditioner/head of performance had arrived.

https://www.totalrl.com/mark-andrews-huddersfields-unsung-hero-on-the-secret-to-the-giants-success/

http://www.giantsrl.com/news/article/6946/crabtree-andrews-is-one-of

The commitment to travel all the way from Australia to a League 1 club,and not just any League 1 club,but a world record defeated League 1 club is a bit splendid,in my view.

Superb show of commitment.

I can't recall any other League 1 club that has attracted a strength and conditioner from Australia.

Could very well be Mr Kim Williams who has been the main influence.

A very interesting past,for which he should be applauded,and his RS of A may need to be hidden or he may be seconded to a secondary job - not far from the playing surface.

Another new member of the backroom staff has the Welsh name of Sian Jones.

Probably a sports psychologist,but described as a Mental Skills coach.Not disclosed if she is leaving Australia,or from somewhere nearer Llanelli. 

I'm sure more information will be forthcoming when they both start work for the club,next month.

It doesn't appear as though some people are sitting on their hands.

That Churchill fella...'' Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about''

Not quite rock n roll but The Carpenters,We've Only Just Begun seems eminently appropriate and becalming until the next news.

I hope things take off next season. I commend your boys for turning out week in week out when they were getting beat. They didn't bow their heads and they stuck to the task. When Oldham played them they displayed courage and sportsmanship in equal measure. I hope this new coach brings you that elusive first win and kick on from there. Have a good 2019.

On 9/29/2018 at 8:51 PM, moorside roughyed said:

I hope things take off next season. I commend your boys for turning out week in week out when they were getting beat. They didn't bow their heads and they stuck to the task. When Oldham played them they displayed courage and sportsmanship in equal measure. I hope this new coach brings you that elusive first win and kick on from there. Have a good 2019.

Thank you.

Lots of months to go and so there will be a whole host of changes,on and off the pitch,I expect,and the way the sport is run,changes to the sport.

I think there may be wholesale changes for rugby league so I shall just enjoy the announcements of the players for the 2019 squad and attempt to remain phlegmatic about the changes as they happen.

I enjoy watching your side.Despite being outside the Top 5 when you played in Llanelli there was a good following from Oldham,with one guy in particular with a strong set of lungs,and the improvements to your stadium were welcome.

Mr Naylor continues to do a good job.

I hope 2019 goes well for both clubs.

1 hour ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Thank you.

Lots of months to go and so there will be a whole host of changes,on and off the pitch,I expect,and the way the sport is run,changes to the sport.

I think there may be wholesale changes for rugby league so I shall just enjoy the announcements of the players for the 2019 squad and attempt to remain phlegmatic about the changes as they happen.

I enjoy watching your side.Despite being outside the Top 5 when you played in Llanelli there was a good following from Oldham,with one guy in particular with a strong set of lungs,and the improvements to your stadium were welcome.

Mr Naylor continues to do a good job.

I hope 2019 goes well for both clubs.

If he was a big guy that'd be kev. He's the singing heart of the roughyeds. I tend to be a little more reserved (boring sod).?

Archived