"Lying"

Moderating statement, don't ignore:

There's been a few cases lately of a new habit on the forum that is extending into normally sensible folk of calling other members liars for expressing their opinion.

It's an absolute statement of dishonesty and I don't like it.  If people are choosing to use their own facts to support their opinion then that's opinion not dishonesty.  If people are stretching facts then a bit of exaggeration is just that, not an outright lie.  In fact, there has only been one poster on here where I've been content with the use of the word "liar" over their posts and that's long gone now.  It's a very subjectively emotive term that I really don't want the forum to get into using as the norm against other posters.

So, you have two choices in this if you think someone is being dishonest:

1. If you can't post without calling someone a liar then don't post it.
2. Use the ignore function. 

Whatever you do, please stop this trend.  It's not nice and it does nothing but shut down debate and make YOU look intolerant.

I have just tidied up two threads based on this.  I'm also not going to take debate on this subject, thread locked.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Archived