Sign in to follow this  
Therein73

Beating ourselves...............

Expect Hewer has reffed them more often. Refs don't care who wins, yes they make mistakes but they are the only people in the ground who have no interest in who wins or loses. With the exception of the odd neutral fan everyone else in the ground is biased.

• Like 5

One thing to consider is that as a spectator quite often you get a better view than the ref who's in the middle of 26 blokes most of whom are bigger. Oh and pretty much all of them are trying to "gain an advantage". But the ref does get to see the close up stuff. I awarded a try once when I was about 1m away only to be told by a spectator I'd got it wrong even though he was on halfway.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2019 at 10:29 AM, HaxbyKnight said:

Whwn we played Toronto, the ref (Gareth Hewer) was calling all of their players by their Christian names, but not many York players. Does that imply he was friendly with the Toronto team, and not the York team? We could imply he was biased on that basis, but as has been said, many coaches, players and official are friends, it should not have any bearing on how they perfborm.

Anyway, you have got Mr Hewer this week, good luck with that.

Or could mean that toronto players are more well known i could name nearly all toronto players but not many york