describe your ideal day?

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 02:13, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

I think describing some of your actual best days would be better than hypothetical ones, but ...

Waking up with a single 600 thread count Egyptian cotton sheet over you and the warmth of the women you love against your back, a warmed almond croissant, toasted sausage sandwich and a freshly ground coffee for breakfast.

A gentle cycle ride into town, 20C almost windless day on roads that are motor free but filled with other cyclists, lazily browse some old book & bric-a-brac shops and maybe even a sneaky minute or two at the cycle jumble where I find a 1940s or 50s Carlton Jewel almost factory fresh for a silly low price ?

Lunch at a locally owned cafe, something simple like an omelet with freshly made chips and coleslaw (with NO ONION IN IT!) followed by hand made strawberry mille-feuille. Walk from the cafe to a golden beach, laze on the sand with a book from the shop listening to kids playing and the sound of the water, Have a quick swim and then a game of beach cricket with people you've never met, smashing the 8 year old bowling right into the water every time with no mercy?

A genteel cycle ride back, get the lounging chairs in the garden and the boy and g.kids come around for a few hours of games and some good music in the background. Out again for the evening with the boys in tow and meet up with the people we met on the beach earlier to have drinks, food and lots of great conversation at an outdoor cirque du soleil show.

Come back home, snuggle up the g,kids staying in the spare room with a story or two, sit with the boy idly chatting about this and that until past midnight.

Finally laying in bed, gazing into the eyes of the love of my life, telling her how much I love her, then going off onto some wildly tangential subject were we end up getting very existential but laughing ourselves to tears staring at the ceiling and just holding each others hand.

Yeah, that would be as near a perfect day as I can conjure up incl using some of the best moments in my life, I'd take a 1/4 of that however any day.

Was that a slip of the finger on the keyboard, DR, or are you bragging a bit?  I think we should be told...!

Archived