Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

Fri 31 Jan-Sun 2 Feb: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

Recommended Posts

Oldham fan here but Widnes were superb yesterday with the spine of Smith ,Craven ,Tomkins and Owen being excellent. Brought a huge following as well. Will be up there at the end of the season based on yesterday if they add a couple more forwards to go with their backs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, m brooksy said:

Brought a huge following as well. Will be up there at the end of the season based on yesterday if they add a couple more forwards to go with their backs.

I think London, Toulouse & Leigh look to have stronger squads at the moment, but let's see. Widnes have sold more than 2 000 season tickets which is well ahead of what was budgeted for, so there may be money to strengthen later in the year.

Widnes sold more than 1000 advance tickets for the game, Oldham will be happy to get that kind of away support from Leigh & Bradford too. Can't see Oldham winning many games, I'm afraid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎02‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 00:39, winnyason said:

Great win by Leigh. Have the players been paid this month ? I mean it might be too hard for Derek again he might walk away 

Doubt they have been paid for THIS month, on the 2nd of February. More likely to be paid towards the end of the month - common practice, I believe!?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/02/2020 at 18:52, dixiedean said:

"Over 2500" according to Bulls FB page.

2637 to be exact, which is 'decent' given the circumstances.

I think the figure for Odsal last season was around 3400 or so. Given that the Bulls were probably the slightly better side overall (I may be biased, but they were definitely equally as good) the performance was important to hopefully bring some lost sheep back into the fold.


No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bulliac said:

2637 to be exact, which is 'decent' given the circumstances.

I think the figure for Odsal last season was around 3400 or so. Given that the Bulls were probably the slightly better side overall (I may be biased, but they were definitely equally as good) the performance was important to hopefully bring some lost sheep back into the fold.

Yes. Given more local and better supported opposition, better weather, and a few wins under their belt, there is the potential for more...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bulliac said:

2637 to be exact, which is 'decent' given the circumstances.

I think the figure for Odsal last season was around 3400 or so. Given that the Bulls were probably the slightly better side overall (I may be biased, but they were definitely equally as good) the performance was important to hopefully bring some lost sheep back into the fold.

I know its early in the season but a win for Bradford against York will be a massive boost for belief they might sneak into the playoffs, keep crowds up and open up the 5th playoff spot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

I know its early in the season but a win for Bradford against York will be a massive boost for belief they might sneak into the playoffs, keep crowds up and open up the 5th playoff spot. 

Absolutely agree. I guess York, who are good side, will be much better than in the pre-season game. That said, they failed to score against our reserve team in the second half of that, so I suppose it's all up for grabs. I'd think we have to be second favourites on their patch though.


No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/02/2020 at 08:28, Bartholemew Smythe said:

WTF has this got to do with Leigh fans!!

Obviously he must be Jean/Steph Curry signing in under another alias.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...