Womens RLWC ... Any benefit from postponement of Womens RUWC ?

With the postponement of the 2021 Womens RUWC to be held in New Zealand I wonder if this will have any benefits for the 2021 Womens RLWC...if the tournament goes ahead later this year ?

For instance ...

• Possibility of some teams being (arguably) strengthened by code hopping players keen to make their mark on a world stage ?  Especially for countries like France and Canada ?  May even be some eligible American (North, Central or South) RU players who could bolster Canada and Brazil through heritage eligibility ? 
  • More international exposure for the code highlighting the rise of Womens RL ?
  • Unfeasible or improbable but opportunity to add a couple of extra teams to the tournament with those teams knocked out at the final qualifiers given a chance with possibly a few extra players on board ?  

The Rugby League Fan's Mantra for helping the game grow internationally is ten two-letter words - IF IT IS TO BE, IT IS UP TO ME.

16 hours ago, The Partisan said:

With the postponement of the 2021 Womens RUWC to be held in New Zealand I wonder if this will have any benefits for the 2021 Womens RLWC...if the tournament goes ahead later this year ?

For instance ...

• Possibility of some teams being (arguably) strengthened by code hopping players keen to make their mark on a world stage ?  Especially for countries like France and Canada ?  May even be some eligible American (North, Central or South) RU players who could bolster Canada and Brazil through heritage eligibility ? 
  • Unfeasible or improbable but opportunity to add a couple of extra teams to the tournament with those teams knocked out at the final qualifiers given a chance with possibly a few extra players on board ?  

Look Partisan mate, I don`t think anyone is going to be too keen on a couple of last minute ring-ins from union taking the place of some gIrl who has played League since the age dot and was looking forward to trip to England.

Let them watch our World Cup like everyone else and next time if they have played a bit of League earn their spot.

As far as the postponement of their Womens WC benefitting ours, yeah why not, isn`t it great we are having one (fingers crossed) and they can watch ours and they might be inspired to give ours a go.👍

17 hours ago, The Partisan said:

For instance ...

There were a couple of Black Ferns who played for the Cook Islands in the 2017 women`s RLWC and made a success of it. However, if we want our WC to help build sustainable growth, there`s not much value in attracting RU players if they immediately return to RU after the tournament.

The effect on the level of exposure the women`s RLWC receives from the women`s RUWC not happening a couple of months earlier is a similar double-edged sword to the men`s RLWC happening concurrently. Could cut either way.

Fiji beat PNG in 2019. A few months later PNG won the second test against England to level a two match series. This year I`m seeing a number of highly talented Fijian players in the top NSW and QLD competitions. Add those to their 2019 team, and I would rate Fiji as currently the third strongest women`s RL nation. Their omission is a travesty, but it`s too late to rectify now.

Archived