Health Passports.

First of all I despite this topic being here instead of the General Rugby League forum(mistake on my part the other day)I have no doubt that once again the admin of this group will remove this post despite it being in a more appropriate section.

But anyway here goes.

It seems that the Government are absolutely desperate to implement a policy where in order to gain entry to a sports venue,which will include rugby league you will need to have a”Health Passport”in no doubt a form of an app on your phone where I assume you will scan some QR code(I think that is the name)which again I assume will determine your vaccine status.

Now in my opinion this is something that I think is absolute blatant discrimination which I thought was illegal in this country. I think it is a form of Apartheid albeit where the colour of your skin is not relevant.
And as I have said many times it should and must be the decision of the individual as to whether or not they have the vaccine or not. And I don’t anyone should be deprived of going to a sport venue,including rugby league matches.Everyone regardless of whether they are vaccinated or not should be welcome after all this game of ours is supposed to be all inclusive and has said so many times.

And this here is my main point.

If this game is inclusive to all,then why haven’t club chairmen(to my knowledge)come out and said publicly that we do not agree with”Health Passports”being made compulsory in order to allow fans access to our games and to our sport which we pride ourselves on being inclusive to all of us regardless of sex,religion etc etc?

And that to have a”Health Passport”in order to gain access to a rugby league match goes against every single principle of this sport?

Come on it is time ALL clubs and club chairmen come out together and speak as one on this subject and to do what others like the MD of Wetherspoons has and to condemn these possible plans and say they have no place in our sport?

Archived