2022 Supercoach Forum League: Season Complete. Thank You. Join us here again for SC 2023

Not a good week to bench Koula, Kiraz , Damien Cook and Max King.  Also transferred in Herbie Farnworth.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

• Graham changed the title to 2022 Supercoach Forum League: Results usually posted Mondays (Results After Round 13
  • Graham changed the title to 2022 Supercoach Forum League: Results usually posted Mondays Results After Round 13 What about Haas?
5 hours ago, Graham said:

Payne Haas, keep or not? He’s been a good ‘un to have so far, but he’s due to lose money and his fitness is in doubt. Sell or hold?

I sold him before Origin when he first had his shoulder problem. Its one of the few transfers that I think I have got right this year. Hope to get him back in post Origin at a lower cost. However, if you still have him I would be keeping him because you need the guaranteed points he brings in the big games at the end of the season and it might be seen as a waste of a precious trade.

• Graham changed the title to 2022 Supercoach Forum League: Results usually posted Mondays Results After Round 14 What about Haas?
2 hours ago, Spotty Herbert said:

I sold him before Origin when he first had his shoulder problem. Its one of the few transfers that I think I have got right this year. Hope to get him back in post Origin at a lower cost. However, if you still have him I would be keeping him because you need the guaranteed points he brings in the big games at the end of the season and it might be seen as a waste of a precious trade.

Very sensible suggestion. I’m tempted to move him on despite him being a top scorer. He’s got a breakeven of 94 and it is predicted he’ll drop in value by $33.7k. 

He’s in the side on paper this weekend, but there may be just a chance he may not play?????

If he is fit I suppose he’ll be in the Origin side again.

Having said that it’s who to replace him with. Lolo has picked up his form and is affordable… other good options cost more than him…

It’s a quandary. 

The other temptation is to do nothing and possibly slip backwards. 

Origin 3 is a factor too.

Edited by Graham

I would have sold him this week but had to get Cleary in that meant moving Hynes down to fullback and with Farnworth gone for the season he had to be moved out.

Haas will be a non-playing sub  this week that is both shoulders he has now injured.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

28 minutes ago, Graham said:

Very sensible suggestion. I’m tempted to move him on despite him being a top scorer. He’s got a breakeven of 94 and it is predicted he’ll drop in value by $33.7k. 

He’s in the side on paper this weekend, but there may be just a chance he may not play?????

If he is fit I suppose he’ll be in the Origin side again.

Having said that it’s who to replace him with. Lolo has picked up his form and is affordable… other good options cost more than him…

It’s a quandary. 

The other temptation is to do nothing and possibly slip backwards. 

Origin 3 is a factor too.

Really struggling to find a front row to replace him with who will play Round 17. It may have to be Klemmer, assuming you already have I. Papalii (sp). Taumalolo hasn't let me down this year, bar the odd poor week.

Kiraz & Koula have given me a headache this week.  They were both on the chopping block but their big scores last week (when on my bench) means they should both make a fair bit more money.

Either Haas or Koroisau will have to make way for Campbell Graham instead.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

44 minutes ago, Railway End said:

Kiraz & Koula have given me a headache this week.  They were both on the chopping block but their big scores last week (when on my bench) means they should both make a fair bit more money.

Either Haas or Koroisau will have to make way for Campbell Graham instead.

I got Campbell Graham in a couple of weeks ago. Haas had to go. There are various doubts about him so I followed my instincts. 

• Graham changed the title to 2022 Supercoach Forum League: Results usually posted Mondays Results After Round 14

Well, what do you reckon? Round 15 seemed to me an okay ish round but with some underwhelming performances by a few too many of my players.

What are your thoughts on the way ahead negotiating the fast approaching R17?

We have an extra week to consider our options as next weekend is a stand alone rep week featuring Origin 2.

Let’s have a look at our positions after Round 15 then.

Our head to head matches:

9zMyWFE.jpg

so then our h2h ladder reads…

Head2Head After Round 15

gAHv5lp.jpg
2IlCEOg.jpg

No movement at the top or bottom , but a shuffling of the pack a little in between.

• Graham changed the title to 2022 Supercoach Forum League: Results usually posted Mondays Results After Round 15
  • 2 weeks later...

Round 16 was an absolute disaster for me! My predicted score before the round was about 1200 points I ended up getting the lowest score I’ve ever had in a regular round. It wasn’t my choice of captain so much as a lot of my average and better players all conspiring to score very poorly. 
Oh dear! Ah well …

R16 H2H Fixtures

zxi1GAL.jpg

These results mean:

Head2Head League After Round 16

h3tHlw6.jpg
kfddWXN.jpg

• Graham changed the title to 2022 Supercoach Forum League: Results usually posted Mondays Results After Round 16

Points wise this is my best year although after origin 3 it usually all goes pear shaped. 

Unlike previous years I have only a few trades left

The league shield is virtually done and dusted  as I can see Penrith resting players toying with the idea of trading out Cleary to get Papenhuyzen in  for the run in tho maybe also be able to do it by sacrificing a forward and Meaney. 

1 hour ago, Irish Saint said:

Points wise this is my best year although after origin 3 it usually all goes pear shaped. 

Unlike previous years I have only a few trades left

The league shield is virtually done and dusted  as I can see Penrith resting players toying with the idea of trading out Cleary to get Papenhuyzen in  for the run in tho maybe also be able to do it by sacrificing a forward and Meaney. 

Trouble with Paps is his 900k+ price tag. Hopefully??? that will fall quite quickly. I hope he keeps fit.

13 minutes ago, Graham said:

Trouble with Paps is his 900k+ price tag. Hopefully??? that will fall quite quickly. I hope he keeps fit.

But dare we take the risk of not having him with an average of 100.1 despite not having been fully fit all season? I like the idea of sacrificing Cleary's 87 points per match (on the basis he won't play every week), or possibly Tedesco's 73 (given the run in the Roosters have, specially during the Supercoach play offs).

• Graham changed the title to 2022 Supercoach Forum League: Results usually posted Mondays Results After Round 17

What a different round that was. I was spurred into action on the transfer market. That worked out well and the perceived big names generally did live up to their potential.

Hope it went well for you.

Here’s how the fixtures played out.

Round 18 Fixtures

uCQmvG5.jpg

Five teams scored over 1,400 points.

As a result:

HEAD2HEAD AFTER ROUND 18

46ypM5G.jpg
s7qSttK.jpg

The points are piling up.

Have you still got Papenhuyzen? 
Check too on Josh Addo-Carr. He’s apparently in a moon boot awaiting the results of scans.

TOTAL POINTS AFTER ROUND 18

rzg44La.jpg

bNoAUaf.jpg

Hope you have a good week.

Just seven rounds left and plenty to play for.

Good luck.

Edited by Graham

• Graham changed the title to 2022 Supercoach Forum League: Results usually posted Mondays Results After Round 18

Not only Pappy but Ketoa gone for the season. I have three trades left and with Penrith so far ahead can see them resting quite a few in the final couple of weeks.

8 minutes ago, Irish Saint said:

Not only Pappy but Ketoa gone for the season. I have three trades left and with Penrith so far ahead can see them resting quite a few in the final couple of weeks.

That's almost literally the million dollar question. Who do you replace Papenhuysen with? There's a temptation to use Nicho's double positioning to bring Cleary back, but will he play every game? Ditto Lattrell with his temper.