Halifax Matchj

wayner

I think everyone in the ground was shocked with the final score, even the Halifax fans, genuinely thought we would win the match yesterday after going in 8 all at half time.

I think we self destructed in the second half - gifting at least 4 tries in the first 20 mins of the second half 😞 Running out of the line against Keighley worked last week but yesterday it didn't work and why Romeo continued to do it I don't know. Felt sorry for Spedding when he dropped the ball with the try line open although the Halifax defence were chasing him.

I think Gibson's injury was the major turning point as we created very little after he left the field, also have to say that Bennion does not look anywhere match fitness and for me he was off his game. We desperately need a recognised stand off - I know we have injuries - I am just stating the obvious.

Batley next week will be really hard - but the team has shown it can win matches so I am hopeful yesterday's disaster won't be repeated against Batley