Football

What's going on? Just reading the results, why are there so many high scoring games happening?

Blame Superleague.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

If played over one leg, City will play for a 0-0 bore draw then trust their penalty-taking.

If played over two legs, City will expect to get exposed and beaten by pace and skill on the big pitch at Villa Park so will have to try and attack on the Valley Parade tennis court.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Sturridge will be a great signing love his arrogance YNWA

average player for £12m,but what baffles me is someone from hull being a scousepool supporter,but nothing suprises me on here you've got wigan rl fans who support liverpool and vice versa,what a joke,and then the warrington born and bred fan who supports Spurs weird

... what baffles me is someone from hull being a scousepool supporter,but nothing suprises me on here you've got wigan rl fans who support liverpool and vice versa,what a joke,and then the warrington born and bred fan who supports Spurs weird

Yes, you'd think they'd never heard of Cardiff City.

:D

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Nicked from another forum: "Chelsea offer £7m & Fernando Torres for Demba Ba. Apparently, Newcastle are holding out for £7m." :D

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

average player for £12m,but what baffles me is someone from hull being a scousepool supporter,but nothing suprises me on here you've got wigan rl fans who support liverpool and vice versa,what a joke,and then the warrington born and bred fan who supports Spurs weird

I'm actually a scouser who likes hull fc as my family are from there and I wouldn't support the closes team as its st Helen's and I can't stand them, do people from a city/town HAVE to follow there local team? Surely then it goes down to amateur teams don't it do you go and support the most local team t you

Widnes Vikings FC coming to a ground near you soon!

Being a regular in the North West Counties one can presume following the grading visit the Stobart Stadium just about scraped through! :D

Watching at the Stobart will probably be an odd experience but I can whole heartily recommend some of the away trips, its a totally different football experience, often accompanied with a warm welcome, decent pies and a good pint!

but nothing suprises me on here you've got wigan rl fans who support liverpool and vice versa

Wigans full of football fans, just most of them choose to support Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City or Everton, always baffles me when the "rugby town" debate crops up as the glory hunters never seem to be counted in the equation!

Simple for me.... First rugby match aged 7 and played rugby league, no interest in football until high school.... Hoddle and Waddle, then gazza...... So spurs I decided on... Used to go late 90's but got too dear..... So ive never ever been a glory hunter.

Looks like Chelsea have pretty much signed Demba Ba, so the staff will be spending the next few days scraping the letters D, R, O and G off their club shop's stock of replica shirts.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Back to real football - The Mighty Swindon Town

Last 3 matches

Swindon 5-0 Tranmere

Swindon 5-0 Pompey

Swindon 4-0 Carlisle

On a bit of a roll me thinks!

Aye, going downhill I see.

Oxford looks down on you more than ever.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Gotta love the FA Cup. Cracking wins for Macclesfield and Luton yesterday although it's tricky to think of the latter as minnows.

Cracking draw for Brentford if they can get by Southend.

Edited by ArmchairRhino

There's no dignity in plastic seats