Newcastle result

wayner

Terrible result yesterday - to concede a try with 42secs on the clock is an absolute heart breaker.

I am a pessimist by nature so I think relegation is now a real possibility as the team has dropped too many points from winnable games - next week against Keighley is a must win game for both teams and there will be lots of pressure from the start.

I can't see many winnable games in remaining six games - maybe Whitehaven at home ?

If we do get relegated - it would in my opinion be because we have not had an established stand off and have struggled because of this.

Anyway I hope my pessimism will be pushed aside by a win against Keighley and followed up by further wins in the other six games 

It was a long journey home, we seem to be bereft of ideas in their 25. We need to pick up two wins I think at least, as you Keighley and Whitehaven at home would be good 

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

I think we lack ideas because we haven't had a good enough half back pairing - Gibson has been really good but we haven't been able to replace Hansen 😞 

I think Olds for me has been a disappointment as he had a really good world cup but hasn't really hit top form for us and Lowe isn't getting game time at stand off and of course both have had injuries.

I am big fan of Gregson but he isn't a stand off but rather a ball handling loose forward in my eyes anyway - but what do I know.

If we do beat Keighley and Whitehaven and even a shock win at either York or Barrow then we will stay up. Keighley have a tough run in to the end of the season and also have to play Barrow...........