League structure

I may have already missed the boat with this one, but I was thinking about how to structure the championship and League one in light of the loss of two teams.

My idea is to put all the clubs in both leagues into 2 regional conferences - east and west, 11 clubs in each.  Home and away with all clubs in your conference plus a few inter- conference games to give a financially sensible fixture list.

At end of regular season 4 inter- conference play offs (west 1 v east 4, east 1 v west 4, etc.), 2 semis and a final.

This structure would give plenty of derbies and could reduce travelling costs for some clubs - Cornwall and Toulouse excepted.

Whadyathink?

1 hour ago, wiggler said:

I may have already missed the boat with this one, but I was thinking about how to structure the championship and League one in light of the loss of two teams.

My idea is to put all the clubs in both leagues into 2 regional conferences - east and west, 11 clubs in each.  Home and away with all clubs in your conference plus a few inter- conference games to give a financially sensible fixture list.

At end of regular season 4 inter- conference play offs (west 1 v east 4, east 1 v west 4, etc.), 2 semis and a final.

This structure would give plenty of derbies and could reduce travelling costs for some clubs - Cornwall and Toulouse excepted.

Whadyathink?

I think regional conferences are a carp idea.   You're either in a National League or you're not.

But there's a huge thread on this already and there was a meeting today to decide what's happening next year.

You're too late.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"