Ken Greatorex

jamescolin

I recently went to pay for my 2024 season ticket to the  Rovers. On Station Lane as my wife and I were walking down it, I saw a face I recognised freom the past. Saying hello and shaking hands with him, I recognised it was Ken. We talked over the past and he showed me a photo of him holding a cup. I have seen all Rovers matches in finals and came to the fact it was 1967 at Wembley. Ken is not well and remarked that he was very disappointed about not seeing any references or records of himself in the Rovers tributes about the past. I told him that many of us rememberd him but he was adamant that he wasn't mentioned. Surely this isn't true? Let's hope he is mistaken. If you know of anything he might have missed please show it. Cheers. UTR     

If you click on fevarchive.co.uk  Ken has a nice piece written about him,and his appearances,tries and total points scored as have ALL players to have represented Rovers. Every game ,programmes in fact EVERYTHING you need to know about Rovers.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, jamescolin said:

I recently went to pay for my 2024 season ticket to the  Rovers. On Station Lane as my wife and I were walking down it, I saw a face I recognised freom the past. Saying hello and shaking hands with him, I recognised it was Ken. We talked over the past and he showed me a photo of him holding a cup. I have seen all Rovers matches in finals and came to the fact it was 1967 at Wembley. Ken is not well and remarked that he was very disappointed about not seeing any references or records of himself in the Rovers tributes about the past. I told him that many of us rememberd him but he was adamant that he wasn't mentioned. Surely this isn't true? Let's hope he is mistaken. If you know of anything he might have missed please show it. Cheers. UTR     

My grandson Joe Crabtree wrote an excellent piece on Ken for Rugby League World in the Challenge Cup Final edition of 2017. I'll have a dig about to see if I can find it anywhere.

I'm sorry to hear that Kenny's not well, I usually push my wife in her wheelchair around Freeport (Junction 32) most afternoons, and we would often bump into Kenny and Beryl (I think that's his wife's name?), but I've not seen him for a while and that explains it.

Get well soon Kenny.