Oldham Rugby display at Gallery Oldham

Ex-scrumhalf

I am hoping someone can help with my query. I recently visited gallery Oldham and decided to take a look at the rugby archive display on the top floor, to say I was disappointed is an understatement. I thought that in the past it had been much larger and wondered if it had been moved or something. I spoke with  member of staff who was unable to help me, so can anyone tell me if there is  larger display on view elsewhere please?

Unfortunately we only have a limited space to display. The theme tends to be dictated by the library (although the Heritage Trust do have an input). The collection is now curated by Oldham Libraries. It is stored in state of the art storage facility to preserve it for future generations. 

The display is changed around every 12 months It is also freshened up during the display term. 

All the collection was professionally photographed before we handed it over and all these images  are on the Heritage Trust website 

There may be an opportunity to have a larger exhibition on special occasions such as say the clubs 150th anniversary but this has yet to be discussed.  

Hope this explains it. 

Edited by sheddingswasus
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1