Australiasian grounds you have attended matches at

PI have been travelling to New Zealand and Australia since 1993, for Cricket and Rugby League, with a two year break during the pandemic.

This year its been a "bucket list trip" as I finally got the opportunity to add Queensland Country Bank stadium and Belmore to the following list.

Brisbane Broncos - Suncorp Stadium

Canberra Raiders - GIO Stadium

Canterbury Bulldogs - Stadium Australia, Belmore.

Cronulla Sharks - Shark Park *1

Dolphins - Kayo Stadium Redcliff *2

Gold Coast Titans- Suncorp Stadium, Carrara Stadium, Robina

Manly Sea Eagles - Brookvale Oval, Gosford Stadium

Melbourne Storm- Olympic Park, AAMI Stadium

Newcastle Knights - Mcdonald Jones Stadium.

New Zealand Warriors - Mount Smart Stadium, Eden Park, North Harbour Stadium Albany (Trial).

Northern Eagles*3 - Gosford Stadium

North Queensland Cowboys - Dairy Farmers Stadium, Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Mackay Showgrounds (Trial)

Paramatta Eels - Paramatta Stadium, Commsbank Stadium

Penrith Panthers - Blue Bet Stadium

South Sydney - Redfern Oval*4,  Sydney Football Stadium, Stadium Australia.

St George-Illawarra Dragons - Sydney Football Stadium, Kogarah, Win Stadium Woolongong, Sydney Showgrounds (Trial).

Sydney Roosters - Sydney Football Stadium, Sydney Cricket Ground, Allianz Stadium.

West Tigers - Stadium Australia, Leichardt Oval, Campbelltown Sports Ground.

Queensland Rugby League

Burleigh Bears- Pizzey Park

Souths Logan -Davies Park

Wynnum Manly - Kougari Oval

Ipswich Jets - Norh Ipswich Reserve

New South Wales Rugby League

Newtown Jets - Henson Park

I have been to the North Sydney Oval hone of the Bears in 2009 but that was for a womens cricket world cup match.

*1 - A lot of rebrandings for this ground

*2 - Also in the Queensland Cup for the first game of the PNG Hunters

*3- The short lived merger between Manly Sea Eagles and North Sydney Bears

*4- Legends of League game in 2000

I have of course also been watching London Broncos since 1996 along with Great Britain, England and domestic RL.

• Like 1

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

1 hour ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

PI have been travelling to New Zealand and Australia since 1993, for Cricket and Rugby League, with a two year break during the pandemic.

This year its been a "bucket list trip" as I finally got the opportunity to add Queensland Country Bank stadium and Belmore to the following list.

Brisbane Broncos - Suncorp Stadium

Canberra Raiders - GIO Stadium

Canterbury Bulldogs - Stadium Australia, Belmore.

Cronulla Sharks - Shark Park *1

Dolphins - Kayo Stadium Redcliff *2

Gold Coast Titans- Suncorp Stadium, Carrara Stadium, Robina

Manly Sea Eagles - Brookvale Oval, Gosford Stadium

Melbourne Storm- Olympic Park, AAMI Stadium

Newcastle Knights - Mcdonald Jones Stadium.

New Zealand Warriors - Mount Smart Stadium, Eden Park, North Harbour Stadium Albany (Trial).

Northern Eagles*3 - Gosford Stadium

North Queensland Cowboys - Dairy Farmers Stadium, Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Mackay Showgrounds (Trial)

Paramatta Eels - Paramatta Stadium, Commsbank Stadium

Penrith Panthers - Blue Bet Stadium

South Sydney - Redfern Oval*4,  Sydney Football Stadium, Stadium Australia.

St George-Illawarra Dragons - Sydney Football Stadium, Kogarah, Win Stadium Woolongong, Sydney Showgrounds (Trial).

Sydney Roosters - Sydney Football Stadium, Sydney Cricket Ground, Allianz Stadium.

West Tigers - Stadium Australia, Leichardt Oval, Campbelltown Sports Ground.

Queensland Rugby League

Burleigh Bears- Pizzey Park

Souths Logan -Davies Park

Wynnum Manly - Kougari Oval

Ipswich Jets - Norh Ipswich Reserve

New South Wales Rugby League

Newtown Jets - Henson Park

I have been to the North Sydney Oval hone of the Bears in 2009 but that was for a womens cricket world cup match.

*1 - A lot of rebrandings for this ground

*2 - Also in the Queensland Cup for the first game of the PNG Hunters

*3- The short lived merger between Manly Sea Eagles and North Sydney Bears

*4- Legends of League game in 2000

I have of course also been watching London Broncos since 1996 along with Great Britain, England and domestic RL.

Impressive list….next time you are in brisbane you must tick off Albert Bishop Park (The ‘Bish’ home of norths) and the newly renovated Langlands Park (easts tigers) both easy to get to. You could also expand to the Brisbane League with Emerson Park (Valleys) and Frank Lind Oval (wests panthers)…iconic names from the past.

But by far the ‘not to be missed’ ground is Ron Stark oval at Dunwich on North Stradebrook island - home to the Straddie Sharks. Catch the ferry from Cleveland. Wynnum Manly take one Q cup game there every year. Right by the ocean with a large hill, leagues club, large trees providing shade and stunning views. You wont want the game to end. The island is also home to koalas in the wild and one of the best places for whale watching (coincides with the rugby season).

The next expansion in NRL should be Dunwich!

18 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

Impressive list….next time you are in brisbane you must tick off Albert Bishop Park (The ‘Bish’ home of norths) and the newly renovated Langlands Park (easts tigers) both easy to get to. You could also expand to the Brisbane League with Emerson Park (Valleys) and Frank Lind Oval (wests panthers)…iconic names from the past.

But by far the ‘not to be missed’ ground is Ron Stark oval at Dunwich on North Stradebrook island - home to the Straddie Sharks. Catch the ferry from Cleveland. Wynnum Manly take one Q cup game there every year. Right by the ocean with a large hill, leagues club, large trees providing shade and stunning views. You wont want the game to end. The island is also home to koalas in the wild and one of the best places for whale watching (coincides with the rugby season).

The next expansion in NRL should be Dunwich!

Thanks for the tips but my attendance would be based on whether I am in the country at the time or if there is a clash with an NRL game.

I have stayed in Cleveland before for a Bronx game against New Zealand Warriors. Nothing wrong with Cleveland or my motel but it's the literal end of the line and a long journey in and out if the centre.

Although I would agree that Brisbane is a better venue than Sydney my aim during these visits is to maximise the number of sporting events I am at and as only two of the NRL teams in the Brisbane area play at home on an NRL weekend. You will see why I prefer Sydney.

My current trip involves seeing 13 matches in Rounds 2 ro 4 so am currently based in Paramatta for rounds 3 and 4.

This is not a normal year for me as I like to stay in the Miranda / Caringbah area when in Australia  hence I see a lot of the Sharks, SGI and the Roosters along with NSW Cricket at the SCG and (cough) the Waratahs.

I am still managing 1 home and 1 away for Sharkies and SGI and 2 Rooster home games on this trip.

• Like 1

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both