The regular season is over and the Super 8s are on the horizon: as is another bumper issue of League Express.
We’ve all the reports and reaction from an exhilarating final round of action, which saw Halifax snatch fourth place in the Championship and the final spot in the Qualifiers, with Hull and Salford finishing in Super League’s top-four.
But there’s also all the usual news, gossip and big stories from the world of rugby league inside this week’s paper: including all of this:
- Wakefield fans, we’ve an update on your club’s hunt for a new stadium – and it’s well worth checking out.
- There’s an explosive tirade from Marwan Koukash – who attacks one of his fellow club owners about the proposed 13-team expansion for 2018. It is unmissable.
- Leeds youngster Jack Walker has been in the headlines – we’ve all the latest on his future with another development in the story.
- Could Hull and Wigan be really going to Australia to play a Super League game in 2018? There’s the latest on that.
- Which former Super League coach is eyeing up a role as Denis Betts’ number two at Widnes? We’ll reveal all.
- We’ll also reveal which Super League forward Huddersfield have signed up from across the Pennines for the 2018 season.
- Bradford youngster James Bentley is attracting attention from plenty of clubs: we’ll reveal which are the favourites to land him.
- What does the future hold for Ben Crooks at Leigh Centurions? We’ve asked Neil Jukes about his plans.
- We broke the story of Manu Vatuvei signing for Salford several weeks ago – this week, we’ve got an interview with The Beast ahead of a possible debut this weekend.
- Speaking of the Challenge Cup semi-finals, there are exclusive interviews with Sean O’Loughlin, Gareth Ellis, Ashton Golding and Tyrone McCarthy ahead of the weekend’s games.
Plus there’s all the usual reports and reaction. To buy the paper and read it Sunday night, click here.