It’s been one of the busiest weeks in the world of rugby league for a long time – and inevitably, this week’s League Express is stacked full of the biggest news, transfers and stories from the greatest game.
As always, you can read the paper on your smart device from around 9:30pm on Sunday night – download the League Express app from your phone’s App Store to start your subscription, or head to TotalRL.com/LE. Here’s what we’ve got this week:
- We’ve got news of a huge name that’s about to return to the sport from rugby union.. and it’s NOT Shaun Edwards.
- Meanwhile, a familiar face to many within Rugby League reveals exclusively to us how he has applied to become the new RFL chief executive..
- ..while one other potential contender rules himself out.
- There’s transfer news from Salford – as we reveal the identity of their first new signing for the 2019 season.
- Shaun Wane’s exit from Wigan at the end of this season is now official – and on Edwards, we’ll tell you how it may not be as simple as first appeared to appoint him as Wane’s replacement.
- Our editor Martyn Sadler contemplates the future for Wane after the end of this season.
- Staying with Wigan – we’ll reveal the identity of one halfback they are looking at signing for next season, too.
- Huddersfield fans will want to grab this week’s paper – because there’s the first, exclusive interview with Simon Woolford since his arrival in England on Friday.
- There’s news from Bristol – where the mooted team that is supposed to be entering League 1 next season has hit a roadblock or two.. make sure you check out why in this week’s paper.
- It wasn’t a good weekend for Widnes.. but we’ll bring you news of one key player who is close to re-signing with the Vikings.
- There’s news of a double exit from Catalans – both for very different reasons, too… while we also interview Kenny Edwards, their new signing from the NRL’s Parramatta Eels.
- And we reflect on the Summer Bash in Blackpool, with thoughts on the way forward for the concept.
Make sure you get hold of a copy of League Express this week for the best read in Rugby League.