With the Qualifiers beginning to take shape and the play-off places in Super League another step closer to being finalised, it’s been a big weekend on the field in rugby league – as well as off it.
Thankfully, the new edition of League Express has everything you need to recap another hectic seven days across the entire world of rugby league – and as well as the usual roundup of every minute of every game, here’s what we’ve got in store for you this week:
- We revealed last week how the sport’s clubs were heading for an EGM to resolve the league structure issue. This week, we’ll tell you when it is – and which clubs do, and do not, get a vote: as well as the other non-professional entities which get a say in the biggest decision the sport has faced in years..
- ..while one leading Super League coach insists he’s in favour of Robert Elstone’s plans to revamp the league structure.
- Into Super League, and we’ll reveal which three top-flight clubs are leading the chase for one of the best players in the Championship for 2019.
- We’ve also news from Wakefield Trinity, as they close in on the signing of a Championship half-back to bolster their squad for next year.
- It’s been a busy week for Hull owner Adam Pearson – and he’s given us an insight into their plans regarding reserve grade for next year as the rebuild of FC gets underway.
- On the other side of Hull, we speak exclusively to KR winger Craig Hall – who lets us know what his plans are for 2019.
- There’s an interview with Catalans owner Bernard Guasch – who reveals the lengths he’s going to in order to make sure the Dragons’ cup victory does not go to waste.
- Daryl Powell gives us an update on who may replace Jake Webster at centre next year at Castleford – will the Tigers recruit, or will one of their existing squad members get his shirt?