Super League is officially underway – and as we bring you all the reports and reaction from the opening round, there is a stack of news to get excited about in this week’s League Express.
As ever, we’ve got all the latest opinions, insights and news from the world of Rugby League: with this just the tip of the iceberg.
- It’s World Club Challenge week, and we’ve got comments from both the Wigan and Warrington head coaches who provide different insights into the competition, along with a full-page preview featuring an interview with Sean O’Loughlin.
- Roger Draper, the new RFL Executive Director, has been a busy man since taking his role at the governing body. But he found time to have an exclusive chat with us about his plans to satisfy supporters in more ways than one.
- Castleford Tigers have recruited well this off-season, but they’ve found space for one more addition to their squad in the shape of a well-respected talent.
- Which Wakefield player is attracting attention from Catalans? This player is out of contract at the end of the year, and the Dragons are keen to lure him to France for 2018.
- Speaking on Wakefield, Sam Williams impressed on debut, but he might not have made the move if one former Super League star had not given him the nudge.
- Danny Brough is closing in on British Rugby League history, but is his long-term future at Huddersfield? He’s been discussing that in League Express.
- There was no sign of Todd Carney at Salford for their defeat to Wigan. Has the move hit a roadblock? We’ve got the latest with Ian Watson.
- The fallout from all six Super League games features, including interviews with Hull FC’s Lee Radford and Widnes chief Denis Betts.
- Full-page reports from all six Super League games feature, including a two-page spread on Castleford’s victory over Leigh.
- There are reports and reaction from all six Championship games this weekend – along with all the latest news from all twelve clubs and those in League 1, too.
- Our editor Martyn Sadler pays tribute to Rob Burrow, who made his 500th career appearance on Thursday.
- Our Hall of Fame columnist Garry Schofield previews the World Club Challenge, and what it means to the future of Super League.
- Our amateur correspondent Phil Hodgson returns with all the latest from the grassroots game.