Wigan might not have won the World Club Challenge on Sunday evening, but they played with pride and represented British Rugby League with dignity and commitment.
In this week’s League Express we report on the big game and give our reaction to it.
But of course there is lots more to League Express than just the World Club Challenge.
We have reports and pictures from the two Super League games played on Sunday, the seven Championship games and four games from the opening round of this season’s League 1 competition.
And in addition to all that, you can read about the following:
- Wigan Chairman Ian Lenagan says that the World Club Challenge can grow and become much bigger.
- Warrington Wolves go after an England World Cup rugby union star
- Fouad Yaha comes back to the Catalans Dragons after having dabble in rugby union with Agen
- Denis Betts says he’s ready to resume his coaching career in Super League.
- London Skolars say they want to play their part in making Rugby League a big game in London.
- Wigan winger Liam Marshall looks at the challenge he will face when all Wigan’s outstanding four wingers are fully fit, and competing for a place in the team.
- Tony Gigot denies reports that he’s heading for the NRL.
- Martyn Sadler checks out some balloons that burst over the weekend.
- Garry Schofield selects his England fullbacks in order of preference.
- We have an obituary of a St Helens legend.
And there is much, much more. So get out and buy your copy of League Express, either online or from the shops, and wallow in the best that Rugby League has to offer.