Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

OT Another request for help on Rover's History.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 stuart56

stuart56
  • Coach
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:55 PM

Another request received

'Hello,

I wonder if you can help me.

My son has asked me to write a potted history of my late father's life. One aspect which I would like to include is his friendship with Walter Tennant, a former Rovers player.

I believe that Walter played for Yorkshire. Any information which you feel able to provide about his Rovers career would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Malcolm Anders'

Edited by stuart56, 10 November 2009 - 02:56 PM.

< - Always remember, without experiencing the lows you don't really appreciate the highs - >

#2 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,199 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:52 PM

Stuart, i personally know Malcolm Anders although i have not seen him for years, he used to follow rovers many years ago and used to travel from his home somewhere near Ripon to watch Fev, his dad Sam used to be my uncle Walt's best mate and i do believe they were also work colleagues, i could put him back in touch with our Clive, who is Walt's son if he wishes to do so, please feel free to pm me for contact details,

Regards

Maureen
Im Fev and im proud

#3 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (stuart56 @ Nov 10 2009, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another request received

'Hello,

I wonder if you can help me.

My son has asked me to write a potted history of my late father's life. One aspect which I would like to include is his friendship with Walter Tennant, a former Rovers player.

I believe that Walter played for Yorkshire. Any information which you feel able to provide about his Rovers career would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Malcolm Anders'
I saw Walt play many times. He was stocky, not over tall and had a stride that made him look fairly slow but it was deceptive as opposition players found out when he beat them. One game that stands out in my mind was at Bradford Northern. Walt got the ball at centre and sweved left and kicked right. He ran round the oppostion and beat Phillips on the outside to score a scorcher. When Allan played wing to his centre he nurtured him through his opening games. Alan was slight then in comparison to the bulk he had later. My dad always said that Walt was extra special as he played with an eye complaint all his career. An outstanding player that deserved more recognition.