This forum

mrsnfk

to me it seems the eagles have lost there way with pr.They thought all they had to do was move to BL and fans would come flocking in.True they have do some amazing ticket deals both with season tickets and bulk match tickets but unless you are already a fan you would never know it.Theres no local radio covering games no local radio advertising very little media coverage only match reports in the local paper no news paper advertising not even a bill board in the city centre.Theres no merchadising at all and with the game on program i feel we are losing revenue and advertising our product through the match day program.Even in the old days back at owlerton you use to be able to get a match day poster printed advertising matches which use to get put up in local shops and such.I feel next season will be make or break for the Eagles

Chief Crazy Eagle

They thought all they had to do was move to BL and fans would come flocking in.

I never thought that. I said as much well before we moved in. Whatever you do will never be enough but I can't help thinking that we could have pushed the boat out and done more. As I said three months ago, what you don't want is curious people coming to see the game and go away thinking it's poor entertainment. You need all the new people there at the same time to produce a good atmosphere.

The last thing you want to do is convert people who might come to a game into people who'll never come again.

Having said that, raising supporters is obviously not my field. I suppose I just can't understand anyone not liking the game.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"