• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,440 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE (Northern Exposure @ Jul 16 2010, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agreed. KR seeemd too concenred on just shipping the ball out wide as fast as possible rather than doiong it properly and running the correct lines.

Tackle wasnt amazing - but he did pull it off and the last play of the game made Eddie and Steveo bang on about it like they'd witnessed a miracle.

If that'd been done in the middle of the game, it'd have been just another tackle into touch.
Surely that's what sport is all about though, getting excited and winning or losing being decided by individual plays?

I do still think you are under-selling the quality of the tackle somewhat though. It wasn't just a standard tackle, the way he controlled Fox at pace was very good, and he had good upper body strength and awareness.

#42 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,901 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:15 PM

Agreed Dave - if you're intent on belittling every other club then you can pick a fault in every single amazing bit of Rugby seen - yes even the Aussie stuff
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#43 sam

sam
  • Coach
  • 7,557 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE (Dave T @ Jul 16 2010, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do still think you are under-selling the quality of the tackle somewhat though. It wasn't just a standard tackle, the way he controlled Fox at pace was very good, and he had good upper body strength and awareness.

plus, it's not like fox was tight on the touchline, he a a fair way to actually move him.
foxes or poor people?

#44 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,440 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE (sam @ Jul 16 2010, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
plus, it's not like fox was tight on the touchline, he a a fair way to actually move him.

Yep, I think that's where the upper body strength really came in, had he just gone for a standard tackle, Fox would have been in, he had to wrap the ball up as well as knock Fox sideways.

It was anything but a standard tackle, and the more I see him the more he impresses me.

#45 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,176 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE (Dave T @ Jul 16 2010, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep, I think that's where the upper body strength really came in, had he just gone for a standard tackle, Fox would have been in, he had to wrap the ball up as well as knock Fox sideways.

It was anything but a standard tackle, and the more I see him the more he impresses me.

Great technique from Briscoe, I also noticed that he'd clamped fox's arm to stop him from scoring, fantastic tackle, should be used on a coaching dvd.
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#46 Northern Exposure

Northern Exposure
  • Coach
  • 8,506 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE (Dave T @ Jul 16 2010, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Surely that's what sport is all about though, getting excited and winning or losing being decided by individual plays?

Well, he pushed him into touch.
Posted Image

#47 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE (Wiltshire Rhino @ Jul 16 2010, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How many bits of Mick would we be prepared to sacrifice for a series wins over the aussies?

He could end up looking like Abu Hamza.

rldfsignature.jpg

#48 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,414 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (Dave T @ Jul 16 2010, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Spot on Dave, Briscoe's technique was superb. He managed to hit Fox low and still carry on driving with his legs.

As Johhny Whiteley said on local radio after the game, Briscoe continues to astound.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#49 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE (Millman @ Jul 16 2010, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What about your gut?

I'd happily donate that biggrin.gif
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#50 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (Ullman @ Jul 16 2010, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Spot on Dave, Briscoe's technique was superb. He managed to hit Fox low and still carry on driving with his legs.

As Johhny Whiteley said on local radio after the game, Briscoe continues to astound.

I dont think anyone is saying the tackle wasnt magnificent, at least they shouldnt be as it was superb. But he really shouldnt have been able to make it, if the passer had drew him in Fox should have had a walk in.

#51 Millman

Millman
  • Banned
  • 4,306 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE (West Country Eagle @ Jul 16 2010, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd happily donate that biggrin.gif

That Sir is a major contribution.

#52 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,414 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (dkw @ Jul 16 2010, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont think anyone is saying the tackle wasnt magnificent, at least they shouldnt be as it was superb. But he really shouldnt have been able to make it, if the passer had drew him in Fox should have had a walk in.

Apart from the forum village idiot. To whom Dave T's reply was directed.

But I absolutely agree with your point that Charnley should have drawn and passed.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#53 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 08:24 AM

Yes, Charnley should have drawn the man and passed but that wasn't Briscoe's problem. He had to react and execute the tackle based on what actually happened not on what should have happened.

rldfsignature.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users