Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Featherstone v Eagles - 1st August - Supporters Coach

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Basil Exposition

Basil Exposition
  • Coach
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:29 PM

The supporters club are running a fans coach to the Featherstone away match. This is a 49 seater coach with a toilet and will depart from Cherry Street at 1pm.

The prices are 12 (10 members) for adults and 7 (5 members) for Children.

You can pay on the day, if you need to cancel please let us know in advance of the day, if a large number of people no-show on the day it will make things awkward for everyone else.

To book please email
sheffieldeaglessupportersclub@gmail.com
or contact the club office on 0114 2610326 and leave your details and they will forward them to us.

Many Thanks
Mark Webster
Supporters Club Secretary & Vice-Chairman
2010 - Where it all begins again......

#2 RugbyLover

RugbyLover
  • Players
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (Basil Exposition @ Jul 18 2010, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The supporters club are running a fans coach to the Featherstone away match. This is a 49 seater coach with a toilet and will depart from Cherry Street at 1pm.

The prices are 12 (10 members) for adults and 7 (5 members) for Children.

You can pay on the day, if you need to cancel please let us know in advance of the day, if a large number of people no-show on the day it will make things awkward for everyone else.

To book please email
sheffieldeaglessupportersclub@gmail.com
or contact the club office on 0114 2610326 and leave your details and they will forward them to us.

Many Thanks
Mark Webster
Supporters Club Secretary & Vice-Chairman

Is the game being held at the featherstone rovers old ground??

#3 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE (RugbyLover @ Jul 19 2010, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Old ground, new name.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#4 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:50 PM

Its the only 1 we've got, not like C@s and Wakey who have half a dozen to choose from (well, drawings anyway laugh.gif )

Post Office Road / Bigfella's stadium is the venue. All welcome, come and have a beer and debate all things rugby in the Blue Lagoon before the game happy.gif

Edited by sidnee, 19 July 2010 - 07:51 PM.

The weak conform, the strong survive.

#5 POR

POR
  • Coach
  • 143 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:19 AM

And its free for the ladies

#6 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:22 AM

Those prices seem steep. We only paid 13 yesterday to go up to Whitehaven.

#7 Basil Exposition

Basil Exposition
  • Coach
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE (Phil Stone @ Jul 26 2010, 09:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We are charging the minimum possible to cover costs, the supporters club are making no profit from this coach.

It will now depart from Pond Street at 1pm prompt due to United holding their open day at Bramall Lane the same day.

#8 Basil Exposition

Basil Exposition
  • Coach
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (Phil Stone @ Jul 26 2010, 09:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Also I suspect you took more people than us and thus can charge that.

#9 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 04:27 PM

Pity with the free entry offer for women you couldn't fill the coach, never mind.
For those who haven't been before here's a run down of a few things

Car Park 3 or street parking is available near the ground.

Prices
Adults 14
OAP 9
Children 3

LADIES FREE!!

SEATING FREE!! either stand

Golden Gamble 1 per ticket, 3 for 2 with half the takings as the prize up to 500, drawn at half time.
Most games this season we have paid between 400 and 500 so it might be worth a go.

Food, cafe bar behind the main stand serving the usual stuff, one at the post office road end near the community stand

Drink, bar behind the main stand adjacent to the cafe bar, Blue Lagoon under the community stand which is run by supporters and has memorabilia on the walls. You are invited to partake in a drink and discuss the game, open before the match and at half time.You are also welcome in the clubhouse before, during and after the match.

Enjoy the game and may the best team win and if it happens to be you lets hope we get the bonus point we need for the party to begin

Cheers

#10 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:41 PM

Phil - you can't sell lottery tickets at 1 or 3 for 2. It's illegal. All the chances have to be the same price. You can sell them at 1 or 3 for 2 but not both.

#11 snake1985

snake1985
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE (Griff @ Jul 29 2010, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Phil - you can't sell lottery tickets at 1 or 3 for 2. It's illegal. All the chances have to be the same price. You can sell them at 1 or 3 for 2 but not both.

You best contact the club then cos there 1 each or 3 for 2 and have been all season!!

Posted Image

#12 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:16 PM

No - I'll just complain to the council if I don't win.

While I'm at it, I'm not convinced that free entry for ladies is legal either. dry.gif

Edited by Griff, 29 July 2010 - 09:16 PM.

#13 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (Griff @ Jul 29 2010, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm a punter with no official connection with the club so you would have to take it up with them, I'm just giving some info to visiting fans. I don't know the ins and outs but assume that they have checked the legality of what they are doing.

#14 hawk-eye

hawk-eye
  • 625 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE (Phil Stone @ Jul 30 2010, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm a punter with no official connection with the club so you would have to take it up with them, I'm just giving some info to visiting fans. I don't know the ins and outs but assume that they have checked the legality of what they are doing.

Blackpool?
Keighley?
Gateshead?
Posted Image

#15 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 04:37 PM

I suppose you could add a couple of hundred MP'S onto the list too wink.gif
It's no secret that is what the offer is so anyone who wants to check the legality is free to do so by contacting the club or checking with other sources though it might be an idea to find out what the golden gamble is classed as, there are no doubt different types of prize draws which will have different rules but as i said i personally have no idea what the ins and outs are. I just wish I could win the damn thing.

#16 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 08:15 AM

Schedule 11 of the Gambling Act 2005 is the place to visit.

Penalties include a Big Fine or imprisonment which seems a bit over the top to me. huh.gif

#17 Wembley98

Wembley98
  • Players
  • 74 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 09:04 AM

QUOTE (Griff @ Jul 31 2010, 09:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Schedule 11 of the Gambling Act 2005 is the place to visit.

Penalties include a Big Fine or imprisonment which seems a bit over the top to me. huh.gif

I prefer the eagles idea tickets 1 each
Three prizes 1st cash payment
2nd Family ticket for next game
3rd 10 consolation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users