Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Leeds' accounts

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (foozler @ Aug 16 2010, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On the subject of the redevelopment of Headingley; both Leeds rugby and Yorkshire cricket have had significant sums of money from the taxpayer, via Leeds Met, to pay for stand rebuilds. My understanding is that the South Stand was pretty much paid for by the University and that the latter is also paying Leeds RU 1million per annum as a breach of contract settlement payment, which I assume all goes into the Leeds rugby pot.

It would be interesting to know whether Leeds Metropolitan University are to be involved this time around or whether the Yorkshire Post investigations have stopped this.

i wouldnt have thought Leeds met uni are involvrd in this latest development ,its been well documented about their financial problems
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#22 weloveyouwakefield2

weloveyouwakefield2
  • Coach
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE (Adeybull @ Aug 16 2010, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Far from it. That accolade goes to Wakefield.

A bulls fan that is critizing another teams ground???? pot, kettle, black?
Posted Image

#23 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE (weloveyouwakefield2 @ Aug 16 2010, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#24 Odsal Outlaw

Odsal Outlaw
  • Coach
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (fieldofclothofgold @ Aug 16 2010, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
its not the official away end ,noones forcing away fans to stand there

Ok, so your not forced to stand there, but it is the un-offical away stand.

Would you suggest away fans just get there early and take up residence in the south stand? That would be quite funny if 2-3k away fans (big game) turned up early and leeds fans were on the western terrace biggrin.gif
Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League
Harry Jepson Winners 2008
RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008
East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008
Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005
RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

#25 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,998 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE (dallymessenger @ Aug 16 2010, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thats awesome.

the proposed ground improvements look really good too.

as with st helens headingly isnt good enough for the rhinos in its current format

3 million pounds profit would make the rhinos the most profitable RL club in the world

our best in oz is the broncos at $3 million pa

Funny you should mention Saints as the same day Leeds were announcing this Saints announced a loss of 862k ohmy.gif

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#26 Adeybull

Adeybull
  • Coach
  • 497 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE (weloveyouwakefield2 @ Aug 16 2010, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Last time I looked, we were not on a warning about our ground from the RFL, and our SL future did not depend on us getting a new ground. You were; and yours does.

So now we have got rid of the pot, kettle nonsense as being a red herring, was there anything useful you wanted to share with us?

#27 Finn

Finn
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (fieldofclothofgold @ Aug 16 2010, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
its not the official away end ,noones forcing away fans to stand there

In the cup game my ticket stipulated that I could use that end only, despite it pi--ing down all day I wasn't allowed in the covered bit.

#28 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE (Finn @ Aug 16 2010, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In the cup game my ticket stipulated that I could use that end only, despite it pi--ing down all day I wasn't allowed in the covered bit.

South stand is all ticket this season, that game was all ticket, that's the allocation you got.For SL games you can use the other 3 stands.
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#29 Finn

Finn
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE (terrywebbisgod @ Aug 16 2010, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
South stand is all ticket this season, that game was all ticket, that's the allocation you got.For SL games you can use the other 3 stands.

That's crazy if true - the gate for the cup tie (v Wigan) was well down on Leeds' average.

#30 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (Finn @ Aug 16 2010, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's crazy if true - the gate for the cup tie (v Wigan) was well down on Leeds' average.

Because of the reduced capacity in the south stand and if I remember correctly yorkshire were also due to play that day and the police insisted on a reduced capacity for the whole ground.
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#31 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,998 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:02 PM

Apparently 2.855m of the 2.994m profit was from the one-off sale of an option to repurchase the cricket ground freehold. When they sold it to YCCC they had a clause which enabled them to buy back the cricket ground at a fixed price in the future. YCCC have now bought Leeds Rugby out of that clause and hence the huge profit for the year.

Notwithstanding the above, Leeds' figures are still very good as the accounts include the payment of ~500k in combined "management charges" to Leeds Tykes RUFC and the Caddick Group.

#32 Finn

Finn
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:55 AM

QUOTE (Derwent @ Aug 16 2010, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Apparently 2.855m of the 2.994m profit was from the one-off sale of an option to repurchase the cricket ground freehold.

That's pretty poor reporting by LE not to pick that up.

#33 paley

paley
  • Coach
  • 18,197 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:39 AM

QUOTE (Derwent @ Aug 16 2010, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Apparently 2.855m of the 2.994m profit was from the one-off sale of an option to repurchase the cricket ground freehold. When they sold it to YCCC they had a clause which enabled them to buy back the cricket ground at a fixed price in the future. YCCC have now bought Leeds Rugby out of that clause and hence the huge profit for the year.

Notwithstanding the above, Leeds' figures are still very good as the accounts include the payment of ~500k in combined "management charges" to Leeds Tykes RUFC and the Caddick Group.

Is that payment to Leeds Rugby or to the Carnegies? if they are paying the Carnegies any money then it is a scandal.
Join team TRL to help cure cancer http://vspx27.stanfo...e&teamnum=43780 Team number 43780

Team summary: http://folding.extre....php?s=&t=43780

#34 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,998 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:17 AM

QUOTE (paley @ Aug 17 2010, 08:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is that payment to Leeds Rugby or to the Carnegies? if they are paying the Carnegies any money then it is a scandal.

They pay management charges of 250k to Leeds RUFC.

On the flip side, they charge Leeds RUFC a sum of 316k for rental of the stadium.

#35 paley

paley
  • Coach
  • 18,197 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:41 AM

QUOTE (Derwent @ Aug 17 2010, 09:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They pay management charges of 250k to Leeds RUFC.

On the flip side, they charge Leeds RUFC a sum of 316k for rental of the stadium.

Leeds Rhinos pay money to the Carnegies? Or Leeds Rugby pay money to the Carnegies and if that's the case how much do Leeds Rugby pay to Leeds Rhinos for management charges?
Join team TRL to help cure cancer http://vspx27.stanfo...e&teamnum=43780 Team number 43780

Team summary: http://folding.extre....php?s=&t=43780

#36 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:26 AM

QUOTE (dallymessenger @ Aug 16 2010, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thats awesome.

the proposed ground improvements look really good too.

as with st helens headingly isnt good enough for the rhinos in its current format

3 million pounds profit would make the rhinos the most profitable RL club in the world

our best in oz is the broncos at $3 million pa

Profits are not easily measured when accountants have massaged the books.
Profits incur large taxes so having large visible profits are not always the benchmark of a Clubs success.
The Broncos had a turnover last year of just over $25 million au
How much showed as profit would depend on many things.
http://www.broncos.c...0805-source.pdf

#37 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,998 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:27 AM

QUOTE (paley @ Aug 17 2010, 09:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Leeds Rhinos pay money to the Carnegies? Or Leeds Rugby pay money to the Carnegies and if that's the case how much do Leeds Rugby pay to Leeds Rhinos for management charges?

The accounts are purely for Leeds RLFC, therefore I assume it is the Rhinos paying management charges to the Carnegies.

It may be something simple such as a shared service centre for admin, payroll, ticketing etc which is run by the Carnegies but provides a service to the Rhinos and so they share the costs.

#38 H77

H77
  • Coach
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE (Derwent @ Aug 17 2010, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The accounts are purely for Leeds RLFC, therefore I assume it is the Rhinos paying management charges to the Carnegies.

It may be something simple such as a shared service centre for admin, payroll, ticketing etc which is run by the Carnegies but provides a service to the Rhinos and so they share the costs.

That's correct. The Rhino's and Carnegie share admin staff, hence the 250k recharge. The turnover of 10m+ is huge in comparison to other SL clubs. I'd suggest that only the Leicester Tigers will have a bigger turnover in UK club rugby.