Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Hull Kingston Rovers V Wigan Warriors

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 03:51 PM

Had to be abandoned after a serious life threatening injury to Frankie Mariano (23) who couldn't leave the field of play.

It's times like these where the world of Rugby League comes together and I really hope that Frankie Mariano is ok and makes a full recovery.

It was a game that new Bradford signing Chev Walker, made his comeback in after a 11 month lay-off from a broken leg injury sustained in last seasons play-off game between Leeds and Hull Kingston Rovers at Haedingley.

#2 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,322 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:30 AM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Aug 21 2010, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Had to be abandoned after a serious life threatening injury to Frankie Mariano (23) who couldn't leave the field of play.

It's times like these where the world of Rugby League comes together and I really hope that Frankie Mariano is ok and makes a full recovery.

It was a game that new Bradford signing Chev Walker, made his comeback in after a 11 month lay-off from a broken leg injury sustained in last seasons play-off game between Leeds and Hull Kingston Rovers at Haedingley.

Hope he's OK and his injuries aren't as serious as first feared.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#3 HappyDave

HappyDave
  • Coach
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 11:10 AM

That doesn't sound good at all. What happened? I'm with everyone in hoping he makes a full & speedy recovery.

I think that the title of this thread could be changed to show it's about the young lad rather than the game.

Edited by HappyDave, 22 August 2010 - 11:12 AM.

"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users