• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 Loiner

Loiner
  • Coach
  • 314 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (3owls @ Sep 15 2010, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tomkins is an ASBO wearing a rugby shirt. Three of his referrals to the disciplinary panel are for offences in 3 different games against leeds. Two of the offences are for use of the knees against danny buderus (cynical and unnecessary) and the kick on sunday was also deemed "cynical and unnecessary". It would appear ASBO Tomkins will have to murder a leeds player before any action is taken against him. That's highly unlikely with Phil Clarkes dad sitting on the panel. It's only a matter of time before someone removes his front teeth "Radford" style if he carries on with his nasty little cheap shots.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Brilliant.

#42 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:15 PM

Ban been overturned, something really needs to change with this system.

http://news.bbc.co.u...eds/9001497.stm

#43 murbus

murbus
  • Coach
  • 110 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:19 PM

QUOTE (dkw @ Sep 15 2010, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ban been overturned, something really needs to change with this system.

http://news.bbc.co.u...eds/9001497.stm

And rightly so... however, I think the disciplinary panel and subsequant review panel is a bit of a joke and need sorting.

#44 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,814 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:21 PM

what a surprise biggrin.gif

Edited by my missus, 15 September 2010 - 05:22 PM.

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#45 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (murbus @ Sep 15 2010, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And rightly so... however, I think the disciplinary panel and subsequant review panel is a bit of a joke and need sorting.

I agree the decision is right (eventually) but it really is a crazy situation. I presume the review panel is made up of totally different people to the original group?

#46 saintsbird

saintsbird
  • Coach
  • 5,486 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:26 PM

yet again the RFL prove what a joke they are! rolleyes.gif
Posted Image
Progress live tour 10th June 2011

SOME THINGS IN LIFE YOU LOOK BACK ON & THINK THANK ###### I GOT OUT OF THAT

#47 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,960 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE (dkw @ Sep 15 2010, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree the decision is right (eventually) but it really is a crazy situation. I presume the review panel is made up of totally different people to the original group?

Aye. Last week they were from West Hull, this week they were from Headingleyish.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#48 Allan Marsden

Allan Marsden
  • Banned
  • 433 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:39 PM

Something to think about; Leeds fans gave Wigan fans hell etc over some possible twitter abuse and criticising McGuire yet they are celebrating and mocking what was the most dangerous type of tackle in RL. The NRL IIRC had to start taking a tough stance following the Jarrod McCracken case and the legal implications.

Given virtually every RL fan predicted / expected this reversal does it not show how inept the RFL are. Lions led by donkeys would be an apt description.

#49 murbus

murbus
  • Coach
  • 110 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE (saintsbird @ Sep 15 2010, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yet again the RFL prove what a joke they are! rolleyes.gif

it certainly does. What additional evidence is used for the review panel that wouldnt be available to the original disciplinary panel? None I presume, apart from a more rehersed 'im a good boy' routine!

I think that when the panel give out the punishment on diciplinary night the 'offender' and co should be given an hour to oppose the punishment.. I dont think there should be a review a week later.

These overturn bans are happening more and the RFL are now setting a presidence in letting ppl off.

#50 Allan Marsden

Allan Marsden
  • Banned
  • 433 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 07:39 PM

Just to note; still found guilty, still fined so the supposed new angle proved nothing.

Overturned is wrong

#51 3owls

3owls
  • Banned
  • 505 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE (my missus @ Sep 15 2010, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what a surprise biggrin.gif

Not really to most on the forum.

#52 3owls

3owls
  • Banned
  • 505 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE (Allan Marsden @ Sep 15 2010, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Something to think about; Leeds fans gave Wigan fans hell etc over some possible twitter abuse and criticising McGuire yet they are celebrating and mocking what was the most dangerous type of tackle in RL. The NRL IIRC had to start taking a tough stance following the Jarrod McCracken case and the legal implications.

Given virtually every RL fan predicted / expected this reversal does it not show how inept the RFL are. Lions led by donkeys would be an apt description.

Maybe most people thought he was hard done by in the first place eh ?

#53 Allan Marsden

Allan Marsden
  • Banned
  • 433 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE (3owls @ Sep 15 2010, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe most people thought he was hard done by in the first place eh ?

Do you?

Are you saying that such tackles are acceptable?

#54 steef

steef
  • Coach
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:58 PM

no one is saying spear tackles are acceptable just that Buderus didn't intend to dump the player on his head. occasionally with the size and speeds of some hits these days players are going to end up legs in the air with their head hitting the turf. See this years SOO game 1 for what a deliberate spear tackle looks like.
"surely they've got to try somthing different now, maybe the little chip over the top?2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stufod/

http://www.facebook....156268557729980

#55 eddo

eddo
  • Coach
  • 104 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 11:21 PM

Absolute joke but consistent with the rfls disciplinary sweetness towards any thuggery in the super league .

#56 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,333 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:03 AM

QUOTE (Allan Marsden @ Sep 15 2010, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you?

Are you saying that such tackles are acceptable?

They seem to be when made by Wigan players.
Got 1500 bass drum lugging,bug eyed monkeys!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users