He is a first class ****, Red Tory if ever there was one
You, and many, many others in the Labour party ranks, forget what Blair achieved. He achieved a massive electoral victory in 1997, repeated it in 2001 and to a slightly lesser extent in 2005. In the years of 1997-2003, the Blair led government brought in many achievements including:
- the minimum wage
- 82,000 more nurses and 32,000 more doctors
- cut NHS waiting lists by 90% and reduced average waiting times by over 80%. In 1997, the guaranteed maximum wait was 18 months, by 2001 this was 18 weeks.
- banned fox hunting, fur farming and cosmetic testing on animals
- crime fell by 32% using international standard measures of counting, including hiring over 10,000 extra police officers.
- in 1997, 23.9% of children were in class sizes over 30, by 2003, that was down to 0.2%
I could go on for a very long time.
After 2003, Blair turned rogue but he still delivered, it was only 2005 onwards that he really was weird. A Tory though? Never.
It's a very big habit of many in the Labour party that they look back and rubbish their own achievements.
- Griff9of13 likes this