Leigh v Featherstone

Stratobill

We really need to win todays game to stay in the cup but I think todays game will be another tight one with the game going again down to the last minute. Leigh 19 - 20 Fev . Att . 1550. Away The Lads

Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18-6 to Leigh. I can see a relegation battle this season, just got a bad feeling especially if our home form is as bad as last season.

I don't see how you can see a relagation battle when we have a numebr of first team players not playing today and have played few games. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Untitled-2copy.jpg

Just on the basis we only finished 5pts above relegation last season and it was only our exceptional away form that kept away from relegation. We're unlikely to have away form like last season so its down to our home form to improve.

I'm not convinced that we are better than many sides in our league, Leigh are stronger, Batley are stronger than last season and Dewsbury won't be weak. Still think Halifax, Barrow, Widnes, Sheffield, Whitehaven are all better teams than us too.

Just on the basis we only finished 5pts above relegation last season and it was only our exceptional away form that kept away from relegation. We're unlikely to have away form like last season so its down to our home form to improve.

I'm not convinced that we are better than many sides in our league, Leigh are stronger, Batley are stronger than last season and Dewsbury won't be weak. Still think Halifax, Barrow, Widnes, Sheffield, Whitehaven are all better teams than us too.

Give the lads a chance. It's practically a new team, in only their second competitive game and you're writing them off already. Have some faith.

Matt - send us some players from Tonga

Give the lads a chance. It's practically a new team, in only their second competitive game and you're writing them off already. Have some faith.

I will give them a chance, but going out of the Northern Rail cup this early would be unacceptable and it would be Powell's fault. You don't make 5 changes after a match we were 2 minutes from winning. What did Allan for example do to deserve a starting spot, he was woeful in both pre-season matches. Welham scored a hat trick and get dropped, tell you what you'll never see Smeaton get a hat trick. Where are the PNG blokes? They don't get a chance so far yet likes of Allan does. Did Hobbs take back over?

I will give them a chance, but going out of the Northern Rail cup this early would be unacceptable and it would be Powell's fault. You don't make 5 changes after a match we were 2 minutes from winning. What did Allan for example do to deserve a starting spot, he was woeful in both pre-season matches. Welham scored a hat trick and get dropped, tell you what you'll never see Smeaton get a hat trick. Where are the PNG blokes? They don't get a chance so far yet likes of Allan does. Did Hobbs take back over?

Can't see how you relate one and a half performances in NR Cup with a fight for relegation. If Daryl wants to use the NR Cup to sort his squad out, having had hardly any warm-up games, that's fine by me. All this stuff about needing to get to the final so that we can apply for SL is a red herring as far as I'm concerned. Until we can start getting bums on seats we can forget SL anyway.

Can't see how you relate one and a half performances in NR Cup with a fight for relegation. If Daryl wants to use the NR Cup to sort his squad out, having had hardly any warm-up games, that's fine by me. All this stuff about needing to get to the final so that we can apply for SL is a red herring as far as I'm concerned. Until we can start getting bums on seats we can forget SL anyway.

Powell shouldn't be using any competative matches as experiments, if he does i don't think he should be the coach. To be out of this cup this early is a disgrace, if the NR cup means nothing to the club they can charge us less for going to the matches. They'll be under 1000 at POR next week and rightly so.

Powell shouldn't be using any competative matches as experiments, if he does i don't think he should be the coach. To be out of this cup this early is a disgrace, if the NR cup means nothing to the club they can charge us less for going to the matches. They'll be under 1000 at POR next week and rightly so.

Got to agree with you on this one if DP is treating the NRC as an experiment then we should have been charged friendly admission prices IMO :O . It could be worse however I could have gone today and wasted even more of my hard earnt brass:lol: :lol:

I'm not saying don't go out to try and win, but surely he has to try different combinations otherwise how else is he supposed to find his best team?

If we're out of the competition after one loss and one draw, perhaps that says something about how the competition is organised.

I'm not saying don't go out to try and win, but surely he has to try different combinations otherwise how else is he supposed to find his best team?

If we're out of the competition after one loss and one draw, perhaps that says something about how the competition is organised.

The tournament is poorly organised but so is out team - 36-6 away to Leigh, there's no excuses for that!

Obviously without being there today, not really in the position to comment but very disappointing.

Seeing as the club sound skint and wanting more people through the turnstiles, I can't see this helping at all. Very disappointing. Not so much as ticking the SL box (pipe dream anyway) but this can't be good for morale of the team or supporters.

Now Powell's experimenting has totally backfired, its deems next weeks home match as totally meaningless. I hope Powell enjoys it when we play are nothing match infront of 900 fans. I'll give it a miss, losing interest in rugby league massively!!

I'll be 1 of the 900, can think of 5 others who are gonna be part of the 900 also, Wakey are away I think, so I can think of another 2/3 who will be part of the 900, dont hit the panic button just yet, we went thru this last year and had a good season in the end.

Cummins Out.