Swinton away Sunday 3pm

shades2

03 May KO:15:00 League 1 Rd: 5

Swinton Lions v York City Knights

Sedgley Park

Referee: M Woodhead

We'll be there - looks like a very hard game, be interesting to see what the team is if Cunningham, Roche & Haynsey are fit plus Watts

Told Skirlaugh his knee was knackered ?

Pretty confident he will be at the same place as me Sunday - as will James Clare who has signed on dual-reg from Cas - remember James playing a home game for our reserves last year and his attitude was brilliant - also a very good player who will bring a lot to the team

Pretty confident he will be at the same place as me Sunday - as will James Clare who has signed on dual-reg from Cas - remember James playing a home game for our reserves last year and his attitude was brilliant - also a very good player who will bring a lot to the team

So Waterman will be in the "stands" then? ;)

We either sign unknowns, or knackered almost-ex-players - keeps the wages down ya see...

Wrong on most counts - you would know that the signings we have made are well enough known if you actually knew anything about RL:

Casey Canterbury - played this division for Gloucester & Hunslet

Micky Learrmonth - as above but at Oldham

Waterman - record speaks for itself - see what they think on the Donny forum

Clare - played and scored in SL last weekend

Morrison, Cunningham, Roche, Tonks all played most of their careers at a higher level than our current level

Some people on here seem TOTALLY INCAPABLE of actually having a conversation about the team - must have a go so and be negative to add to their ''get the JG out'' stuff - time those same people got a life and grew up

Mr Hall should know that ALL players were 'unknowns' at some time and over all my time supporting York RL I can think of many 'wellknowns' who have not delivered the goods.

I saw Mr Waterman play over here for the Knights against Toulouse some years ago and he played his heart out and helped us gain a memorable win (which I still remember). Who dares say that he's not now up to it? If not, we'll see. It's as simple as that.

Personally I'm delighted that's Lee is back, a great lad to have around the team and a superb goal kicker. Can't ask for more really, as good a signing as we can realistically make at this level to add to what is a very good core team of local lads that will only improve as time goes on. Which is how I want hometown team to be.

That and for it to have somewhere suitable to play matches.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Hi John, yes I think so, listened on radio.

Sounds like we fell asleep first 20 in 2nd half then woke up but it was too late.

Picking my games to go to as I have started match fishing plus that kno. Is still there.

May as well win some money than pay £15 to stand in a field.

bigian.gif

115228698657540.gif

Reckon Swinton were probably 2 scores better on the day - looked really good going forward & have some experienced, class players there, sounds like the 3 tries we had disallowed were a bit harsh so you never know if they had been given

Colts, Minikin, Tonks, Aldous outstanding for me, Watts went pretty well but nothing outstanding, but confident he will be a big asset to us, Brining a big miss with his tackling & getting over from close in

All in all, a really good game, but the terrible news afterwards really makes you think, maybe a week of no 'disagreements' on here for me as a mark of respect

All in all, a really good game, but the terrible news afterwards really makes you think, maybe a week of no 'disagreements' on here for me as a mark of respect

Please donate to this as a mark of respect: https://www.justgiving.com/dannyjones29

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Archived