Eddie Waring

There's one man and one face that Rugby League fans will never forget. The game may have come a long way since the days of Eddie Waring but for almost 30 years he was the BBC's commentator and the voice of the sport.

Anyone who knows their rugby league history will also know that he was much more than this; he was involved in the game at so many different levels. The BBC is currently producing a TV programme about Eddie and his part in the history of the game. We want to know if you can help.

Perhaps at home you have some film footage or photographs of Eddie, or film that was taken at a rugby league ground. If you think you can help then please contact the programme's producer. It's paul.greenan@bbc.co.uk. He's based at the BBC in Leeds - 0113 244 1188

He autographed my programme for the 1961 GB v NZ test at Odsal. Unfortunately I've lost it :(

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

I just hope the BBC do the great man justice with this tv programe in his memory.

How about this one then

Bramley v Whitehaven 1968 ish

Floodlit Rugby League

November time

about 8.30 pm

`Well as you can see its about half time and the shadows are lengthening`

• 3 months later...

The BBC tribute to Eddie Waring is on BBC Four on Tuesday September 7th.

I know that Paul has put a lot of work into this and it'll be worth one hour of your life.