new ground new houses?

tms

Taken from pont and cas

Taylor Wimpey Plans to create 400 new homes in Featherstone off pontefract road. The firm owns land stretching from pontefract road behind station lane to post office road. A community drop in event where people can provide comments to be held at chesneys Weds June 30th

An update on Featherstone rovers new stadium scheme will also be available as the two firms are working together to deliver their seperate initiatives

As we dont seem to be getting any closer to building a business park, would these proposals enable us to build houses on the patch we own and effectively become landlords recieving income year in year out?

good idea in principle but 20% of all new housing (on an estate) has to be given by law to federated/social housing so we may lose before we win.

PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling

Plastering

Bathroom fitting

Fencing

Guttering

Insurance work

Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

I get the feeling the business park idea went west with the recesion. It sounds to me like we have or intend to sell a decent chunk of the land we have to taylor wimpy thus funding our ground revamp. As has already been stated we intend to build a community health centre on site aswell, which will give us some rent return and Im sure we will encorporate more facilities to extend both our hospitality business and our community programme, both of which give us valuable income already.

The one thing Im sure of is that the board will make the decisions in the best interest of the club, and we are looking forward to exciting times.

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

It sounds to me like we have or intend to sell a decent chunk of the land we have to taylor wimpy

From what I have seen / heard, Taylor Wimpey don't need our land and have enough room to build 500 houses on the land they already own.

We are working with them for the new access road to the ground which will be via a road down the side of the Jube steps and past their houses.

The weak conform, the strong survive.

From what I have seen / heard, Taylor Wimpey don't need our land and have enough room to build 500 houses on the land they already own.

We are working with them for the new access road to the ground which will be via a road down the side of the Jube steps and past their houses.

I realise that about the road. It just seems to me all talk of a business park has stopped, and no other alternative suggested, which leave us with 5 million to find or finance to upgrade the ground so I admit putting two and two together and thinking that we must have sold or are selling some of the land.

Like I said I trust the board and the people they have sought advice from to do the best thing for the club.

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

I realise that about the road. It just seems to me all talk of a business park has stopped, and no other alternative suggested, which leave us with 5 million to find or finance to upgrade the ground so I admit putting two and two together and thinking that we must have sold or are selling some of the land.

Like I said I trust the board and the people they have sought advice from to do the best thing for the club.

As I understand the club regulations, land could only be sold with the approval of the "B" share members at an AGM or EGM.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.