Barrow Raiders vs Halifax RLFC

Who will win?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Barrow Raiders
    • Halifax RLFC

Massive game for Barrow tonight at home to the men from the Shay as they look to close in on second place in the table.

While Halifax will see tonight as a true test of their credentials, as a win would not only confirm the league double over the Raiders after a convincing victory earlier in the season at the Shay, but it would also hand them advantage of claiming second spot in the league and with it

the luxurious trip in play-off Rugby League to Post Office Road to face Featerstone.

This fixture is also a repeat of last seasons Grand Final, with Barrow edging out the West Yorkshire blue and whites at the Halliwell Jones.

So expect a classic and battle royal encounter from the Cumbrian peninsula tonight as Craven Park looks set to welcome it's biggest crowd of the season.

Halifax by four for mine :)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's going to be very tough for both sides tonight, with Catic, Luisi and Rooney being the danger men for Barrow.

Failure to contain them will see the sometimes fragile Halifax defence being severely tested this evening.

No Holroyd for Halifax but Black, Branighan and Penkywicz all play.

We should have a decent attendance tonight , however it will be 500 down on what we would have expected if the game wasne switched, Fax wont bring anywhere near their usual following due to this and you can not blame them.

Corker still expected if the right Fax team show up.

We should have a decent attendance tonight , however it will be 500 down on what we would have expected if the game wasne switched, Fax wont bring anywhere near their usual following due to this and you can not blame them.

Corker still expected if the right Fax team show up.

300 Halifax supporters have made the trip up.

300 Halifax supporters have made the trip up.

Have they seriously ? if yes then WOW thats a great turn out for a re-arrainged game live on Sky.

I doff my flat cap to each and everyone of them.

Enjoy your time in Barradise but please go home pointless :lol:

Have they seriously ? if yes then WOW thats a great turn out for a re-arrainged game live on Sky.

I doff my flat cap to each and everyone of them.

Enjoy your time in Barradise but please go home pointless :lol:

I'm only going by what my friends at the game have told me.

Everyone isn't happy about Ronnie Laughton being the referee :D

Ronnie Laughton blows time on and from the kick-off Halifax go for the 40/20 and get it after 20 seconds.

Amazing start to the game.

Barrow look all at sea tonight, Halifax not much better with both sides dropping the ball and taking the wrong option, although it must be said that Halifax are well worth the six point lead.

Barrow Raiders 0-10 Halifax RLFC after 20:00 minutes.

Try: Dylan Nash

Great try following some superb passing out wide.

Barrow Raiders 0-16 Halifax RLFC after 25:00 minutes.

Try: Jon Goddard (2)

Halifax are cutting the Raiders to shreds out wide, too much open space left by the poor Barrow defence.

Barrow Raiders 0-22 Halifax RLFC after 27:00 minutes.

Try: David Wrench

Amazing try to Wrench as the non existent Barrow defence is starting to make this game look embarrassing.

Barrow Raiders 0-24 Halifax RLFC after 33:00 minutes.

Stuart Cummings chalks off the try and I must say it was the correct call despite the audible moans from the Barrow faithful.