Widnes sign up

Widnes Vikings are pleased to announce the signing of thirteen juniors including twelve players from this years' all-conquering U16 Scholarship side.

http://www.widnesvikings.co.uk/article.php?id=2294

As Wire have Paul Hulmes elder son Liam on their books, it's nice to see we have signed his younger brother Lewis.

Edited by Bomb Jack

Widnes - Cheshire's Original Glamour Club.

Widnes Vikings are pleased to announce the signing of thirteen juniors including twelve players from this years' all-conquering U16 Scholarship side.

http://www.widnesvikings.co.uk/article.php?id=2294

As Wire have Paul Hulmes elder son Liam on their books, it's nice to see we have signed his younger brother Lewis.

Are they any good?

Heard Bobby Goulding Jnr is gonna be a cracker!

Are they any good?

Well they went unbeaten through the 16's games but I dont suppose that proves a lot really. Weve certainly signed the most players from scholarship that I have seen of any club to date this season.

Eleven of them have come from the Halton Farnworth Hornets side at U16's and the other two, Alex Teague from Westy Bank and Nathan Fernyhough from Burtonwood Bulldogs / Lymm RUFC.

There should be more England players from that squad but only Tom Gilmore the stand off and Lewis Whitty the prop made the team for the England Youth squad.

Jon Rigby was in the England squad having played for Warrington 16's but signed on at Widnes after coming to his senses.

Gilmore, Butterworth, Owens and Rigby playing 18's at the moment and did quite well in the last outing against Leeds.

Are they any good?

I did hear that Paul Hulme's kid is possibly the best of the lot. You've got a good one there it seems. Personally delighted to see the Hulme dynasty continues.

I did hear that Paul Hulme's kid is possibly the best of the lot. You've got a good one there it seems. Personally delighted to see the Hulme dynasty continues.

we have a young lad called josh Crowley a very very good prospect, who by all accounts was disillusioned with is previous team, cant remember who we got him off ;) also watch out for a few of Widnes youngsters coming back home in the future. ;)

widnesvikings2-1.gif

WIDNES VIKINGS CHESHIRES MOST FAMOUS RUGBY LEAGUE CLUB

we have a young lad called josh Crowley a very very good prospect, who by all accounts was disillusioned with is previous team, cant remember who we got him off ;) also watch out for a few of Widnes youngsters coming back home in the future. ;)

I was hoping that might be the case. I'd love it if we ripped SL up with a team full of local lads.