League Express is 20 today

Those were the days :D Am I right in thinking that it was Wigan v Sheffield on the cover?

I have fond memories of a work experience/work shadowing trip to League Express in the early 1990s. Back then the League Express office was a tiny cupboard like space in the Telegraph & Argus building in Bradford. Lots of clutter, a young, recently graduated Oldham fan by the name of Andy Wilson was working there, along with Tim and others. It seemed really exciting being in a newsroom - they had those old Macs with black and white screens, using an early version of Quark Xpress.

Before the move to Wellington House, I'm sure there was another office - correct me if I'm wrong - maybe again at the T&A building. I spent one student summer going in there once a week to write up pieces for Total Rugby League (anyone remember that?). - interviews and previews with people like Jimmy Lowes, Paul Carr, Lynton Stott, that Aussie bloke with blond/ginger hair who played for London, Tony Martin

Bristol Sonics Rugby League

2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions

2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists

2008 RLC Team Of The Year

2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions

www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

Oops, accidental double post :wacko:

Obviously too excited by the news :D

Edited by West Country Eagle

Bristol Sonics Rugby League

2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions

2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists

2008 RLC Team Of The Year

2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions

www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

Is there anyway of putting one online in a pdf to look through? Would be very interested to see it.

I'm not sure where to look for the original files to be honest, League Express HQ has moved around a bit since 1990.

However, here's an entertaining blog on the subject from a certain Mr Tony Hannan which also includes a piccy of the first cover.

Widnes were reigning Official World Club Champions...........

My! League express is getting old!!!!! :lol:

2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16

2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6

2011 League Leaders Shield Winners

2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

I'm not sure where to look for the original files to be honest, League Express HQ has moved around a bit since 1990.

However, here's an entertaining blog on the subject from a certain Mr Tony Hannan which also includes a piccy of the first cover.

Hmmm, just a bit gushing and self-congratulatory by TH don't you think?

How does he reckon that RLE etc have had a "massive impact on the wellbeing of RL in general"? Succinct answers rather than political waffle in response please. Personally I believe that most sports publications reflect the wellbeing of their games rather than creating such, but then what do I know?

Happy Anniversary btw.

;)

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Sad I know John, but I have almost every copy in my archives (maybe missing a dozen or so)!!

BarrowRaiders-keithnutter-1.png