Fixtures For 2015

Big Doug

The fixtures for the Premier Division of The National Conference were released on the 19th December. Guess what. It has produced the expected balls up that was predicted as indicated below :-

Saturday 18th April 2015

Rochdale Mayfield v Siddal Kick off 2.30pm

Rochdale Hornets v Barrow Kick off 5.30pm

Saturday 9th May 2015

Rochdale Mayfield v Lock Lane Kick off 2.30pm

Rochdale Hornets v Swinton Kick off 5.30pm

Saturday 16th May 2015

Rochdale Mayfield v Wigan St Pats Kick off 2.30pm

Rochdale Hornets v Oxford Kick off 5.30pm

Saturday 27th June 2015

Rochdale Mayfield v Leigh Miners Kick off 2.30pm

Rochdale Hornets v Hemel Hempstead Kick off 5.30pm

This is going to leave quite a number of rugby fans have to make a choice that would not have been needed if the decision to play the 4 matches had been delayed until the NCL fixtures were known. Hornets need all the fans they can muster and this will only go to see fewer bums on seats. It also makes the decision on a season ticket another consideration.

What do you think ? The last two Saturdays could produce a far better game at Mayfield.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

• 3 weeks later...

We all predicted this was always likely to happen,so no good whingeing about it now. Why don`t they use a few brains and have them both at the main ground,presumably Spotland,one a curtain raiser to the other? Maybe charge fifteen quid for the two games,Hornets taking two thirds and Mayfield one third as Hornets have to pay the rent? No doubt there`ll be huge no nos to that idea,but at least everybody will be able to see both games.

What is the problem? Plenty of time to get from Castleton to Spotland, theres even time to call in at The Flying Horse, for a swift one, before going to Spotland. So both games can be watched, which I will be doing. This leaves Sunday free for family activities.

I would agree if it was a Mayfield away game and Hornets home, then a choice would have to be made.

What is the problem? Plenty of time to get from Castleton to Spotland, theres even time to call in at The Flying Horse, for a swift one, before going to Spotland. So both games can be watched, which I will be doing. This leaves Sunday free for family activities.

I would agree if it was a Mayfield away game and Hornets home, then a choice would have to be made.

Can I have a lift in your Tardis Doctor Spike? 

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

We all predicted this was always likely to happen,so no good whingeing about it now. Why don`t they use a few brains and have them both at the main ground,presumably Spotland,one a curtain raiser to the other? Maybe charge fifteen quid for the two games,Hornets taking two thirds and Mayfield one third as Hornets have to pay the rent? No doubt there`ll be huge no nos to that idea,but at least everybody will be able to see both games.

On the face of it this would be a good idea, but for the fact that keith Hill doesn't like 80mins of rugby played on the Spotland pitch let alone 160mins. Especially at this time of year.

Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

I don`t think Keith Hill has any say in what goes on pitch wise,though I`m sure he`d like to have. They just beat Bradford City on a pitch resembling a midden,so it`s all rhetoric from him. I think it`s a great idea to have the two games together,Mayfield might miss out on bar takings,but surely the extra dosh going through the gate would more than compensate for that.

I would not think that Mayfield would want to play at Spotland. They also need income at the gate and over the bar.

It's not just Mayfield that play locally on a Saturday afternoon.

This cock up could have been avoided.

Who wants to rush away from one match to get to the next in 30 minutes.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

Archived