Training 2night

troutmaster

Well,them lads really suprised me tonight.The weather was absolutely atrocious,one minute we had teeming rain,the next minute we had blinding snow flurrys,and then a bit of them both.I was very suprised how the lads just got stuck in to the training,maybe it was too bloody cold to stand around especially with the snow storm blowing in their faces,and to then roll around the 3G as if the were on St Bees beach,but the lads were just going through their tasks with ease,but how they carried on in them conditions just shows how tough them lads are.There was some good news on the injury list tonight with only jarrad getting some treatment,and it was good to see Elliot back in full training with the lads,big McAvoy was going through his paces and he was looking good,but he later went to the treatment room with phil but there seem to be no problems.I took a little time to focus on 1 or 2 players who had just recently arrived to the club,firstly big man Fafita is starting to up his fitness levels and with the extra week off with no game he should be hitting the high beams against Doncaster,Kurt horton just looks a classy player,i sonetimes think he is just showing off, but that is kurts style,even in very bad conditions like tonight,he still has that swagger,a bit like lionel messi,if you have got it,then flaunt it,and, i cannot wait for a firm pitch,a bit of sunshine,and then we will see just what kurt has in the tank.Overall,the crack from some of the lads is, they cannot wait for donny to set foot on the Zebra claims stadium and set some records straight.Well that all from the wet,windy,snowblown,and freezing training pitch at Maryport,lets hope that thursday is a whole lot better weather wise,has the field at Zebra claims(derwent park)stadium cannot take anymore rain this week or we could be looking at another postponement,and that is the last thing our club needs,so pray for the sun to appear until sunday night.

Any news on the super league half back or is if just a rumour . Also great to hear all the lads are training well

Well my advice is take a look on the havenfans forum and they will set you right.Seriously there was no mention tonight,but i think 99.9% town fans are guessing who it is.

Well as they say No news is ................................................ no news.    Maybe tomorrow!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Archived