absolute shambles

DEANO

Just seen the Press - Have I got this right?

The October deal from the Council was to be accepted by the new directors

But now the council have said the October deal is no longer available, and the latest deal is not acceptable to the new directors

So got to assume then that the council has decided to make a poorer offer in response to new people coming on board to try & get a solution??

If I make a quote to a client, that quote is null and void if not accepted within 28 days. And I always put it up next time. Pretty standard business stuff really. No surprise the counsil have changed their offer.

Let's not forget that the state we're in is not the counsil's fault and never was.

John Guildford of York City Knights - What a guy!

Our club, Our city, Our choice. #GuildfordOut

If I make a quote to a client, that quote is null and void if not accepted within 28 days. And I always put it up next time. Pretty standard business stuff really. No surprise the counsil have changed their offer.

Let's not forget that the state we're in is not the counsil's fault and never was.

Don't agree Andy - certain people stood in front of you, me and others and said (as at the date of the meeting) the deal had not changed - do you really think this latest change is the only change since May 2012??

Don't agree Andy - certain people stood in front of you, me and others and said (as at the date of the meeting) the deal had not changed - do you really think this latest change is the only change since May 2012??

If the new directors were prepared to sign the October 2014 deal, why didn't Guildford?

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

If the new directors were prepared to sign the October 2014 deal, why didn't Guildford?

Don't know Simon but sounds like the new directors have given ground & the council have thrown it back in their faces - also Andy's point - thought the offer was withdrawn well before any '28 days'??

Just please forget JG out for just one minute - lets just concentrate on the way Atkins & the council are handling this and judge them

Just please forget JG out for just one minute - lets just concentrate on the way Atkins & the council are handling this and judge them

What if I told you the council had merely asked for audited proof of income for the Knights last 5 seasons so they could offer the right amount of compensation for losses incurred by playing at Bootham Crescent, as per the October deal, that Guildford wouldn't sign. What if I told you one of  the new directors said "Well that isn't going to happen is it", knowing full well the figures put forward by the Knights couldn't actually be proved (£80k pa profit on Bar13!!!).

Total waste of time me replying to you though to be honest Colin, you can't see what's in front of you.

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

What if I told you the council had merely asked for audited proof of income for the Knights last 5 seasons so they could offer the right amount of compensation for losses incurred by playing at Bootham Crescent, as per the October deal, that Guildford wouldn't sign. What if I told you one of  the new directors said "Well that isn't going to happen is it", knowing full well the figures put forward by the Knights couldn't actually be proved (£80k pa profit on Bar13!!!).

Total waste of time me replying to you though to be honest Colin, you can't see what's in front of you.

Fine Simon - what if I said I was told the figures put forward were verified by independent accountants and there was nothing to hide - but if you are not even prepared in the slightest to listen to other peoples views due to taking the whole issue past the point of no return then I'm wasting my time aswell

Fine Simon - what if I said I was told the figures put forward were verified by independent accountants and there was nothing to hide - but if you are not even prepared in the slightest to listen to other peoples views due to taking the whole issue past the point of no return then I'm wasting my time aswell

Who were you told it by? 

By someone who knows the details 

That someone being John Guildford. 

Don't need to name name's Simon - face to face conversation started by me with ''What the ###### is going on'' and got a high level overview of the situation as it was 2 months ago

So you're entire argument is based on what John has told you then?

For your information, mine is based on what John Guildford, Tim Atkins, Sarah Tanburn, Neil Wilford, Jason McGill, Jason McGill's accountant, Ralph Rimmer at the RFL, The RFL legal department, every single councillor in York, MP for York, Companies House, HMRC, the Police, ex-employees of the club including coaches and players, ex-players fathers, ex and current sponsors, ex-fans and vice presidents, ex-employees of Guildford Construction, family members of Guildford, people who've been involved in land deals with Guildford, 3 separate solicitors, York RUFC and finally a friend of his late mother has told me. Oh yeah and there was a bit in the Press.

So you're entire argument is based on what John has told you then?

For your information, mine is based on what John Guildford, Tim Atkins, Sarah Tanburn, Neil Wilford, Jason McGill, Jason McGill's accountant, Ralph Rimmer at the RFL, The RFL legal department, every single councillor in York, MP for York, Companies House, HMRC, the Police, ex-employees of the club including coaches and players, ex-players fathers, ex and current sponsors, ex-fans and vice presidents, ex-employees of Guildford Construction, family members of Guildford, people who've been involved in land deals with Guildford, 3 separate solicitors, York RUFC and finally a friend of his late mother has told me. Oh yeah and there was a bit in the Press.

1st part - No - and time will tell

2nd part - must have done a lot of digging to find that lot, but as stated 20 times before I am trying to discuss the deal and trying to steer clear of ''individuals''

Its pretty hard to steer clear of individuals when only one individual is to blame for all this.

Gav - before the 'pre-planned' meeting I didn't realise it was about individuals, but I honestly don't have a problem with anyone coming up with a plan to change who runs the club as long as its for the better, but I would question the way its been done and I would be very worried that the way it has been done might backfire and seriously affect us all

I'm going to leave it at that for now - and just hope I've got some Knights games to watch in the next few weeks and beyond

Gav - before the 'pre-planned' meeting I didn't realise it was about individuals, but I honestly don't have a problem with anyone coming up with a plan to change who runs the club as long as its for the better, but I would question the way its been done and I would be very worried that the way it has been done might backfire and seriously affect us all

I'm going to leave it at that for now - and just hope I've got some Knights games to watch in the next few weeks and beyond

Pre-planned meeting? Of course it was pre-planned, we'd have struggled to get everyone there if it just happened on a whim.

The meeting had nothing to do with getting new owners, only to get some answers from the council, which we got, which then made anyone with half an ounce of sense realise we need new owners.

You stick with Jonny boy and you'll have no games at all Col, that's a given. Even the RFL and players are now aware of that.

It's good to see an ex-player getting involved on here, pretty sure you'll know what kind of man John Guildford is.

In the present climate, I don't think it's right anyone try to figure out which ex-player you are incase you still have ties to the club or current players, so I won't speculate...

... are you Chris Thorman?

John Guildford of York City Knights - What a guy!

Our club, Our city, Our choice. #GuildfordOut

Archived