Leigh too many, Hunslet 6

Hawkwindbag

Much as expected then!

Well perhaps the best thing to say is that at least those fixtures are out of the way. At what cost? We shall see ... at least we stuck at it last night, and got a well-deserved try late on. But I think I'll try to wipe the last 96 hours from my memory!

Maybe I should rescind my comments after the Bradford match about having no back-up to Watson at full back, Elliot came back in last night and did a decidedly better job than any of the incumbents that had a go there last Sunday ... might have been at fault on a couple of tries but dealt with all the ariel stuff well and made a few yards too. Along with Agoro and Castle, would like to see them get another chance under different circumstances against "manageable" opposition.

Depending on fitness and availability, I predict around eleven changes from last night's team to the one that will face Doncaster on Sunday.

Well done to the supporters that travelled and made themselves heard. Oh and must say thanks to Judge Jeremiah for getting me the best view in the stadium last night ... just a pity most of it was watched through the gaps between my fingers!!  

Wouldn't necessarily agree with all of them, but I think Eaton will bring back in, if he can:

Watson, Maun, Barnett, Kain, Lilley, Haley, Lee, Flanagan, Mackay, Grimshaw, and I noticed Yates was in the initial squad for last night so if available on Sunday could come in. Though as mentioned before I personally would give Agoro and Castle another go, if they're OK.  

Some of the bigger forwards unsurprisingly looked cream crackered by the end last night, and a week off would do them good. 

Difficult to find positives for you last night, but we fully realise you had a weakened team. That said, your guys really did try to play rugby and showed some very inventive touches. I guess you were just under too much pressure from a team that wanted to improve its points difference, for those touches to come off. What was a pleasant surprise, given the attitude of some of your fellow 'Yorkie' teams at LSV, was that you never resorted to niggle or winding up some of our more 'volatile' players. And, your try was arguably the best of the evening.

Good luck with your remaining games - and congratulations to your loyal, noisy, good-humoured supporters, who managed to brave the nightmare M62, to get to ours.

Archived