Rugby League World Magazine

The production and presentation is the best it has ever been.

However from a personal point of view I feel the content is not as good as a few years back.There are too many articles about SL players -and at the end of the day the majority are saying the same thing.

I would like to see more articles from journalists disecting the issues in the game.

The history of the game,amateur and international news is not as prevalent as it used to be.

One thing I think is unfair is that RLW's journalists don't discuss the wider issues of the game. That is something that has improved over the past year or so.

In the past few months there have been articles on the amount of money in the game and our salary cap vs the "player drain" to the NRL, the amount of respect afforded to refs, the demise of league 13, and the impact of a foreign coach on our national side. Loads more too, not just player interviews.

That said, I do agree on the player interviews point, most of them follow a well trodden script, and very few are properly memorable. However - for my money - they seem to be moving slowly away from that and it's packed with a lot more features on the wider game. That's my 2p anyway.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

One thing I think is unfair is that RLW's journalists don't discuss the wider issues of the game. That is something that has improved over the past year or so.

In the past few months there have been articles on the amount of money in the game and our salary cap vs the "player drain" to the NRL, the amount of respect afforded to refs, the demise of league 13, and the impact of a foreign coach on our national side. Loads more too, not just player interviews.

That said, I do agree on the player interviews point, most of them follow a well trodden script, and very few are properly memorable. However - for my money - they seem to be moving slowly away from that and it's packed with a lot more features on the wider game. That's my 2p anyway.

It will always be one of the hardest things to do for any journal striking the right balance. Keeping everyone happy is pretty improbable keeping all RL fans happy would require God and several angels to make a dent! I think that was 2p well spent Amber!

But player interviews for everyone's sake need a major overhaul and it's long over due, having said that the Lomax one for it's sadness and content was not a case of the all too usual.

And the  by a player bit about getting rid of Easter torture period was beyond correct!

2busy2ask?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

The production and presentation is the best it has ever been.

However from a personal point of view I feel the content is not as good as a few years back.There are too many articles about SL players -and at the end of the day the majority are saying the same thing.

I would like to see more articles from journalists disecting the issues in the game.

The history of the game,amateur and international news is not as prevalent as it used to be.

Thanks for the feedback, Bamfordsbeans.

Rugby League World magazine is published every month, available on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @rlworld / Instagram @rlworld / Threads @rlworld
Like us on Facebook - facebook.com/rugbyleagueworld

Thanks very much, AA.

Rugby League World magazine is published every month, available on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @rlworld / Instagram @rlworld / Threads @rlworld
Like us on Facebook - facebook.com/rugbyleagueworld

Archived