RFL's Strategic Plan

What is does show is that if the government grant (i.e. sport England) goes down the money on development just gets trimmed accordingly. As opposed to other rival sports which are making healthy profits and ploughing them into development. 

Other sports like cricket and RU take on capital spending projects with a view that it will earn them a much bigger chunk of income down the line. We just cut our cloth - hence the floating around the break even give or take a few tens of thousands.

That's sadly the problem for our hard to play minority regional sport up against much bigger rivals. It's not the fault of the RFL, history and modern trends have done for us, the RFL don't need to excuse themselves with so much PR guff.

Crowds have dropped, people playing the game has dropped, and no amount of guff can cover it up,

The TV company has had to increase the subsidy to the game to prop it up, and in turn the Australian game has provided us with more of their surplus players to keep standards up.

That's the reality of the situation, leaving the RFL obviously feeling they have to justify themselves with these nonsensical annual reports. Still as one poster suggested to me when I was railing at Solly's nonsense after the first full year  of the new "structure" he "had to say those things" or he would be condemning himself, and the game.

I suppose if the RFL didn't shout out how brilliantly they have done, they'd be condemned as useless and there's be calls for sackings and new people to take charge. It just may be however the RFL are doing the best anybody could do...

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived